Chapter 3

It was night time before I decided I was done. Sydney had left hours before. Hmmm maybe it's morning time..... I paddled back to shore, tired and soaking wet. For the past two hours, I just sat on my board, thinking about life. I thought of the incident today.. Maybe I was overreacting, or maybe not. I have never gotten in trouble at school, or ever for that matter. It could ruin my chance of joining the women's Roxy surf team. That had always been my dream as a child. I thought of my mother, who had tried out for the team, but didn't make it. She found out she was pregnant with my younger brother, Tyler. I had to do this for her . That incident today, might have just ruined it. When I got to the shore, I held my board over my head, and started my journey home.
When I reached my house, I quietly opened the garage door and set moms board on its rack. I slipped off my wetsuit, bathing suit underneath, and slipped inside, shutting the door quietly behind me. I went into the kitchen, and headed for the fridge. I grabbed the milk out, and poured me a glass. I could see someone sitting on the couch, watching tv in the living room. I tiptoed over, only to see Mason. He was sleeping, with the remote dangling from his hand. I grabbed it, turning the tv off. I walked over to the arm chair, and grabbed the blanket hanging off the back. I walked over to him, and draped it over him. I made my way down the hallway, dragging my feet. I saw that dad's study room light was on, and that the door was slightly opened. I pushed the door open, tiptoeing inside.
I looked to see my dad sitting at his desk, back facing me. When I shut the door, he turned around. His face looked so exhausted, so tired. He had bags under his piercing blue eyes. His curly blonde hair, filled with gray, drooped over his face. " I heard about the suspension." He said quietly. "Are you mad?" I asked, plunking down " No, life happens. But from where you've been all night, I'd say you were more upset than your brothers were. Where were you?" " I was surfing." I said staring at the floor. " I just needed to get my mind off of some things." I glanced over at the clock, it showed 2:45. " You were thinking about your mother.." He said quietly. I nodded, tears prickling the corners of my eyes. He slammed his hand on the desk. I jumped, looking at him. That's when he started crying. I ran over to him, throwing my arms around him. "Why?" He choked out." I don't know dad, I don't know." We sat there hugging for a while. "Alright.", he said, getting up from the desk. " I think we've had enough crying for today, it's time to go to sleep." I smiled." I am coming with you to work tomorrow." He smiled even more. "Aloha pō." He said. " Goodnight dad." I said, making my way to my room. I changed into my pajamas and hopped into my bed. All I remember is holding my pillow,before drifting off into sleep......

Hello my lovelies.. First sorry for the long wait, annnnnd second sorry for the short chapter.. It'll be longer next time.. And also you can see that the native Hawaiian tongue is spoken.. I will try and make it so you can understand by using your great context clues I know you all have!!! If not, I will work and put cliff notes in ( only if you want me too) Like, vote, and follow!!! I already have over 150 followers!!!! Until next time!