Chapter 4

Heyyyyy everyone, I normally don't do intros, but here it goes..... I just wanted to say sorry for the very long wait on this chapter, and I will try to focus on doing normal updates for BOTH my books. ( I mean this book, and Fighting for Alpha......; good book by the way, so go check it out) anyways, enjoy this "Long awaited" chapter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and peaches!!!! ( new catchphrase, btw, sooooooo just go with it..))))) enough with this now pointless intro, FOWARD MARCH, into the story

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard my alarm clock beeping in the distance. I opened my eyes, staring in the ceiling. What the fuck, I never even set an alarm last night........ I looked at my phone, which said 3:30 Am... I haven't even been asleep that long. My dad came rushing into my room. " Come on Sam, we need to go." "What happened?" I asked leaping out of bed. " Just got a call. Dolphin caught in fishing line by the old pelican tower." He shut my door quickly. I ran over to my closet and got out my full body wet suit. I grabbed my phone, charger, laptop, and some extra clothes. I shoved it all into a random bag, and ran downstairs. I grabbed one of the Iced coffee bottles from Starbucks, and ran out to the car, where my dad was. " Ready?" He asked, starting up the car. I nodded, putting on my seat belt. " This is gonna be one hell of a day."

When we got to the beach, most of the rescue team was there. " Sam, I need you to go back, and get everything ready for arrival." He tossed me his truck keys. " I am sending Duke with you." I nodded, running to the truck. I saw Duke walking towards the truck. " Come on, you ass, hurry up!." Duke was a very close family friend. He was only 19, but acted like he was five. His father, Robert, co owned the Kewalo Basin Marine Mammal Hospital( For short, the Basin Marine Hospital)with my dad. He hopped into the truck. "Ouch, woman, you wound me." " Yeah whatever." I laughed, pulling out of the beach. " Hey shouldn't you be in school. " " Got suspended." I shrugged. " Are you serious?! What for?" He asked. " Fighting the football team." " How bad?" "Sent 4 to the hospital." He let out a whistle " Dam Sammie, I wouldn't want to fight you." I laughed, pulling into the employee parking lot. " Probably a wise decision." I said, turning off the car, and getting out. I unlocked the door, and headed my dads office.

I rushed through the door, looking for a walkie talkies. I ran over to the desk searching through the drawers. When I found them, I headed over to the tanks. Duke was already there, filling them up. I threw him a walkie talkie. " Here, my dad said channel 3." I turned it on. " Sam?" My dads voice echoes from the walkie talkie. " Yeah?" "We're here, have you got the pool set up?" "Yeah, how many feet you want it?" " Errm lets do four. It's a baby male." " Okay, you need help?" "No, we've got it, just make sure we have a clear pathway through." He said. I walked through the emergency hallway, which seemed okay. I walked over to the big double doors. I opened them and put door stoppers, so they had enough space to get through. I went back into the tank room. " They here?" " Yeah, its a baby male, four feet of water." " Goodie, already have it." He said climbing up the ladder. "I will get the bottles ready, you start the filtration." I said, making my way towards the kitchen. He mock saluted me, " Ditto Ms. Queenie." I rolled my eyes.

I got to the kitchen, grabbing some baby bottles. I got out the formula, and made 4 bottles of it. After I was finished, I could her my dad yelling out commands. I rushed back into the tank room. I Set down the bottles on a table. I jumped into the water. The crane was holding the gurney thingy with the dolphin inside of it. " Alright, lower it." My dad said. I stood next to Duke and Cory. We waited until the crane lowered enough so that the gurney was in the water. " Cory, get on the other side." I said, grabbing the loop that connected the gurney to the crane. Please, do this right...... My concise yelled at me. " On three, me and Cory will pull the gurney down, Duke he's small enough for you to move on your own. Unstrap him, and get him used to the water." They nodded. "One." "Two." "Three." Me and Corey, unhooked the gurney, and Duke unstrapped him. Duke lifted him just a little, and we carefully pulled the gurney out from under him, trying not to spook him. He only thrashed a little, but remained calm. " Wow,this was probably the easiest transfer ever." My dad said, sighing. " Good job everyone." He added. Everyone cheered. "Hey, can someone toss me a bottle?" Duke asked. " Yeah I got it." Someone said. " It's on the table.' I said, getting out of the water. Gee, that was fun.. Nope, that water was hella freezing....

I went into the locker room, and changed out of my bodysuit. I put on some running shorts, and a sports bra. Dammit, I don't have a fucking tshirt........ well I guess I could get one from Cory.... I stepped out of the locker room and made my way to Cory's office. I knocked on the door. " Come in." I opened the door. He swiveled around in his chair. " What do you want?" He asked. Me being shirtless, was practically normal around here... I was either in a sports bra, or in a bikini top. " I need a shirt, I am fucking freezing." I said, shivering. He laughed, " Alright, fine." He got one of the logo long sleeved shirt, and threw it at me. I ran up to him." Thank you!!!." I said kissing him on the cheek. "Yeah, yeah, you're welcome." I smiled, going out of his office, and going into the staff lounge/ kitchen. I got out 2 coffee cups from the cabinet, for me and my dad. I poured in the coffee from the coffee pot. Surprisingly, someone other than me made coffee. I put creamer in mine, and milk in dads. I heard the door open, and I turned around. It was.............

Helllo my readers...... I know you have read my intro, soooooooo yeah I'm sooorrrrrry.... Sooooooooooooooooo how bout that cliff hanger... who do you think it is???? Alsoo I am always gonna update on my laptop, because my phone doesn't let me edit properly... READ THIS, AND MY OTHER STORY.......do it... PEACHES!!!