13. O' Death

~Amber~
Brandi was my friend. I heard a scream come from Brady. I ran to my cabin and grabbed Kushu's wrist. I pulled her outside, running towards the field. Brandi was still out cold. My boots pounded the dirt path as I ran out of the gates and into the field. I saw Brady at the edge of the small city we were protecting. Kushu and I ran over to him, but we were too late. I saw a flawless Kitana sticking out of his chest, until I noticed who the Kitana belonged to. There was a flower carved into the left side of the blade, that flower now filled with Brady's blood. I was screaming bloody murder, and I couldn't help but have a suspicious feeling that Brandi had something to do with it. I choked back my tears while Kushu carefully removed Hannah's sword from Brady's deceased body. She sealed his wound and we both sat there on the ground looking at the stars far above our heads. Kushu sighed as we stayed there looking at the night sky. There was no light pollution, nothing except the moon and stars. I grabbed Brady's foot and dragged him to a nearby lake. Kushu followed closely behind me. I picked a few nearby flowers and tucked a rose softly into his ice cold hands. Kushu started humming 'O' Death' by Amy Van Roekel.
'O' Death, O' Death, Won't you spare me over till another year? But what is this, that I can't see? With Ice cold hands taking hold of me! When god is gone and the devil takes hold, who will have mercy on my soul? O' death, O' Death, consider my age, please don't take me at this stage!! O' Death, O' Death, Won't you spare me over till another year? Oh I am death, and none can tell, if I open the door to heaven or hell!! No wealth, no land, no silver nor gold, nothing satisfies me but your soul! I'm death, I come to take the soul, leave the body and leave it cold. O' Death, O' Death, won't you spare me over till another year?" I pushed him into the lake and his body sunk. Tears poured down my face as I lost sight of him. Kushu patted my back sympathetically as the tears kept coming. I saw a Black Eyed Susan and picked it. I set it on top of the water and it floated away like a small boat on the ocean. It made a few ripples, Kushu standing up and making her way up the hill. She pulled out a piece of paper and a lighter. She lit the paper on fire and throwing it onto the dirt path. I ran up and looked at the paper. It was Brady's army record. I set a grenade on it and ran up to the gate. Kushu was standing there looking at me. I pulled out my pistol and shot the bomb. It blew up, causing a somewhat large explosion. Kushu smiled and we high-fived as we walked back into the camp.