THE PRECINCT

By the time Damon and Enzo reached the precinct, Sharon and David had done a detailed Web study of Eric.

"You are quite good with snooping around others Facebook profiles. Experience?"Asked David.

Sharon laughed." That's for me to know and you to...."

Just then Damon entered along with Enzo.

" What's going on here? "Asked Damon.

"Apparently, Sharon is snooping around Eric's profile. And she is pretty good at it. Looks like Sharon may have some skeletons in the cupboard, eh?"

Sharon suddenly whizzed her chair around and snapped"why.? Do you have a problem with that?"

Everyone looked surprised.

Damon went close to her and placed a hand on her shoulder and said" calm down, he was just joking."

Sharon looked at David's bewildered face and said" right. Um....I'm sorry..I was messing with you all .."

Enzo saved the moment by saying" you are quite the actress! Anyways what did you find out? Do something, why don't you and Damon take a break while I and David do some networking."

Sharon said" okay". She turned and left.

Sharon walked into the canteen of the precinct. It was a small cosy shaped place with small tables and chairs. There was an automatic coffee machine. Sharon went and sat at one of the tables.

Damon entered a few moments later. He saw Sharon rubbing her temples with a tensed expression on her face. He took a cup and filled it with hot coffee.

"Here you go. Our precinct's famous latte. "

Sharon took it and kept it in front of her.

Deciding to break the silence, Damon asked " are you alright?"

She nodded.

"Listen I'm not a person who will pry into others life. But what I saw from there, either you have a secret or you are having mood swings."

Sharon still did not say anything.

"You know by telling me your worries you may feel better.."

"Yeah? Well I think that's shit."

"Okay, so do I , but I'm trying my best to help you"

"Well, you can't. So stop bothering me."

"You know what? Be like this. It's okay for you to pry out other people's secrets by studying them, but when it comes to you , the rules are different."

"You don't know a thing about my past, so shut up."

"You know what? I will. I guess some boyfriend left you or something so you have to act like it's the end of the world. Well guess what? I'm not having you lash out like that to my officers just because something he said irked up your memories."

"Funny coming from a man who didn't like that guy in the morning, because he was flirting with me. If i m not dumb, I know that means something"

By that time Damon had got up."Yeah, I was. But I think I made a mistake. So whatever vibe I was giving off, it's going to stop."

Damon left. But he did not see a tear drop run down Sharon's cheek.
.
.
.
.
"So what do we got here?"asked Damon.

"Nothing " said David."I'm starting to think it was stupid to do this"

"No its not."said a voice behind them.

"They turned to face Sharon.

"Well look who turned up said Damon sarcastically! I hope you are done with you mood swings. Can I expect a bit more professionalism from you?"

Sharon ignored him and pointed at the screen towards a picture.

"Look, that dog. It belongs to Ralph Laural."

Everyone turned to look at the picture she was pointing at. It had the picture of Eric with his boss Ralph who was holding the leash to the dog they had found."

"Good work Sharon. It seems your eyes are not only sexy but sharp too. " said David. Suddenly realising what he said , he scrambled to say" I'm sorry, about.."

"No. It's nothing. You know what David, I'm sorry you are good guy. I should not have Snapped. "

"That's nice you both made up " said Enzo.

Damon merely nodded.

"I think Enzo and I should go and ask Ralph a few questions."he said.

"No. I will go. Infact David come with me. I can buy you coffee as a sorry present. I mean if you want to.."

"You are kidding? A beautiful smart girl asks me for coffee? I'll buy you lunch. Let's go."

Enzo shouted " I'll inform Ralph Laural 's ass."

Everyone looked at him.

"Sorry, I meant assistant. "

As they left, Enzo turned to Damon and said " looks like I was wrong. You really don't have feelings."

Damon didn't say anything.