We're both broken we can fix each other okay?

~Maddie
"Maya, why are you here?" I ask my best friend who had somehow found me.
I hide the bottle in my jacket as she walks over to me.
"Maddie, your dad told me you tried some pretty awful stuff," Maya says.

Why the heck would Jack tell her this? I don't want anyone else to know about it!
"Well I didn't do anything, ever," I lie.
"Maddie, Friends talk and real friends listen, I'm your friend, remember, I would have listened."

Maya walks closer to me than before.
"I'm broken, I can't be fixed, Maya, you can't fix me."
She looks me in the eyes this time, like this is hard for her to talk about.
"I'm broken too, Maddie, we've gone through a lot of the same things, accept I let people in, I let people try to fix me, but I always end up more broken," She takes a breath in, "People who are similar always get along, they understand each other enough to help each other out. Maddie, I can help you with whatever you have done, I can help you let go of everything and make sure it stays in the past. Maddie I can do that!"

"Maddie, were both broken, we can fix each other okay?"
Maya stops herself, now it's my turn to talk.

"You really want to know what is in my past don't you?"

"Yeah I do," Maya sighs after a moment.

"I hate life, I hate myself, I hate that mother left me and that my father dumped me with Jack, I hate that I have to act okay and put a smile on my face just so I can see my family and friends happy, I hate how I am dark on the inside, I hate how I keep all these emotions in, and most importantly, I hate how I'm not dead yet."

That was only just the beginning, Maya probably will never understand me, or my problem, or my addictions.

Before I could continue, Maya wrapped her arms around me and hugged me in a tight embrace.

"Maddie, I had no idea," She says.
"I know."

•••••••
Short chapter I know, I just feel like I needed a Maya Maddie moment because they may have some sort of family connection later on.

*Winks*
What do you think Maddie's problems or "addictions" are?
Do you think Maya will be able to understand?