The Boy That Got Away...Again

" Ugh! "

The groan comes from inside of Katherine Plumber's office. Completely giving up, it seems, she buries her head in her hands. " You look like you're having the time of your life. " at this, Katherine looks up. Her best friend and co-worker, Kayleigh Denton, stands in the door with coffee. " Why can't I be an assistant? " Katherine questioned, really talking to no one, in particular.

" Hey, my job isn't as easy as it looks. " Kayleigh defends, throwing her cup-free hand up in defense. As Katherine was handed the cup of coffee, she took a sip and sighed complacently. " Incase you haven't noticed, there are a lot of people on this police force. I have to memorize a lot of coffee orders. " the last statement came out as more of a joke, and as a result, both Katherine and Kayleigh started laughing. Afterwards, Kayleigh took the paper Katherine was reading and read it, herself. " Is this the same boy? " she asked, groaning, " Jack Kelly? " Katherine nodded, embarrassed.

" The boy who got away. " she replied with a miserable chuckle. " The boy who always gets away. The boy who will continuously get- " she almost finished her sentence, but Kayleigh stopped her. " Hush, child! " she ordered, making Katherine immediately close her mouth. Kayleigh always did have that authoritative side to her. " Now, I don't know what you had for breakfast this morning-although I'm pretty sure that it was Un-Cheerios-but I do know that you need to get a grip. Understood? " Katherine nodded, honestly scared.

" I guess I could go into town tomorrow and see what I can see. " Katherine decided, Kayleigh smiling in approval. " Good, " Kayleigh nodded. " Now, if you'll excuse me, Prince Sam wanted sugar in his coffee. " when Kayleigh walked out, Katherine continued to survey her notes.

All in a day's work for the star policewoman.