Chapter 1

Music: Twenty One Pilots - Message Man

Chapter 1 - Take Off

Why are they all taking so long to get here? The flight takes off in two hours. I don't want to risk missing our flight because of the numbskulls who can't be on time. Maybe they are already here and I just haven't seen them. I guess I should try and look for them. Let the wild goose chase begin.

It's been 20 minutes and still not a single sign of them. How is it even possible that they still are not here? Since I'm probably going to be waiting for awhile longer, I'll just eat without them. Airport food isn't always the greatest but some food isn't too bad.

Before I even reach any kind of place to buy food, I run into someone, knocking over a bunch of their stuff.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't even notice you." I apologize quickly.

"It's all good. I'm pretty much a hobbit minus the whole foot ordeal." the stranger chuckles.

They obviously have probably read or watched either Lord Of The Rings or The Hobbit. The stranger also has a sense of humor.

I help the stranger pick up what I made them drop. When we both stand up I realize they really are short. I'm not an extremely tall person, especially when standing next to my friend Chris, but I practically tower over this person.

Their shortness just adds to their cuteness. They have eyes that I think are brown. Maybe even a hazel colour. I can't really tell right now but they are pretty eyes. Their hair is short. I'm not sure how to describe it besides it being short. This is why I don't get my hair cut. I don't know how to describe haircuts to people.

"I'm Vinny by the way. Thanks for helping me pick up my junk." the stranger reveals his name.

"No problem. It was the least I could do after running into you." I reply.

Vinny stands there awkwardly looking at me for awhile. He looks like he is waiting for me to tell him something. Then it hits me.

"Oh and also my name's Ryan." I answer his silent question.

"Nooice." is Vinny's reply.

He watches Key and Peele.

"So, where are you heading?" I ask.

"Thailand." Vinny answers simply.

"Haha same. My friends and I are going to be doing some crazy hikes and things like that." I exclaim excitedly.

"Sounds pretty cool. I'm just going since my sister is there. She decided to go on one last trip before she gives birth. Long story short, she ended up staying for three extra months and is due soon. I'm going over there to help her while her boyfriend is off banging his boss." Vinny explains.

"That is certainly something new to me." I respond with shock.

"Ryan! We have been looking for you forever!" a familiar voice yells behind me.

I hear someone yelling my name. I turn around and see Josh in the distance waving me over.

"Looks like my friends are here. Maybe I'll catch you around sometime. It was nice meeting you, bye. Have a safe flight." I say goodbye to Vinny before I leave.

"Ditto, bye." Vinny says.

He seems like a nice kid. I wish I got to talk to him a little bit longer. Knowing that he is also going to Thailand, maybe we will be on the same flight.

A/N
So here's a new story. I hope you guys like it. I have multiple story ideas in my notes and I decided to start writing some of them. This is one of them that I really liked so yeah. Also please excuse the terrible cover. I will work on a better one later.