Chapter Six

The next day arrive and Vincent visit his son in the hospital on the day. He would check every time on the day time.

He couldn't forgive Elijah for this. But he would remember his wife would said "Family should be forgiven, no matter how unforgivable the thing they did."

"family stick together because they were gifted"

"stay strong and continue living when the horrible moment came"

Those words echoed in his head. Those are the words when she was still alive. But now she's dead.

He thought Elijah's probably not gonna show up in this hospital. He never want to face his guilt.

Don't worry, Daniel. I don't love you because you're hurt. I love you from the beginning.

But he didn't know that someone would visit Daniel when the night rise.

Elijah.

He once visit Daniel with his friends, feeling guilty as he walk towards the hospital room of Daniel.

People stared. They didn't know what Elijah did but to Elijah it felt like they do.

The doctor allowed them to go inside of Daniel's room. They walked in and saw Daniel laying down on the bed with an IV connected to him and a breathing mask.

"Daniel, look! I brought my friends! We came here to say sorry..." Elijah whispered the last sentence. His friends felt guilt to what happened to Daniel. It was all their fault.

Elijah fell to his knees beside Daniel's bed. Sniffing a little with a weak smile on his face.

"Daniel, a brave little boy, a kind child, and an amazing brother" Elijah murmured and burst into tears. He held Daniel's hand tightly and whispered. He tightens the grip.

"I'm sorry, i hope you can forgive me, i hope you can hear me..."

Elijah and his friends dropped their heads. Elijah crying while holding to Daniel's lifeless hand. Suddenly they heard the heart monitor started to get slower.

Elijah quickly looked up to it. No! This is not suppose to happened! Daniel! Don't do this to me!

Elijah run up to it and hold it with shock eyes "No no no no NO NO NO!!!" Elijah yelled until it went into a straight line. He run back to Daniel and shook him "Daniel! No! DON'T LEAVE ME! I'M SORRY! IM SORRY FOR EVERYTHING!" he shook Daniel more, hoping he would hear him, until the friends pulled him away because the doctors ordered.

"we're loosing him, CLEAR!"

Elijah stood behind the door hearing those words. He fell to his knees and sob on his palms, his hair got messy, the sounds he make sound horrible like an animal dying.

He's gonna be gone. He's gonna die. He's hurt. His gonna disappeared away from the horrible place called earth.

It all went downhill. It's all Elijah's fault. It's all his fault. He did this to Daniel. He's the reason why Daniel is in the hospital. He's the reason why Daniel is gonna die soon. He's the reason for his own sadness.

Elijah felt like he was fighting himself. The side of him said it was his fault. The other one said to be strong and continue living.

Moving on doesn't mean you have to forget things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living.

Living. The word Elijah thought of. The word that is his only support. The word his mother told him after giving birth to Daniel.

Daniel never seen get to see his mother. He saw her in pictures but not in personal. And now Daniel's gonna meet her.

"Daniel...I'm sorry"