2-Lilacs And Graveyards Don't Mix

Price Of Love

Ella-

"Miss Stevens, I am sorry," I whisper in her ear and back out of her tight hug. I study the gray stone, rather intensely as Miss Stevens squeezes my hand. It read:

Brad Jr. Stevens

1998-2014

A brilliant son and loving boyfriend

"I miss him so much!" Cries Miss Stevens and she blew her nose into a tissue. I brush a tear off my face and try to stay composed. I have to be strong for Miss Stevens. "It's not fair! I lost his father, and now him! What am I being punished for?!"

I bent down at his grave and placed a lilac on the gravestone. I then took a deep breath and walk back to the church, trying not to look back.

It wasn't that hard to find mom in the crowd of little Easter egg hunters and religious families. My mom is the only one wearing a bright yellow dress with a daisy flower printed hat and belt. I guess you could say that my mom brightens up my days, now since Brad is gone.

My mom was helping a little kid find her parents by the time I approach her. I never saw the kid before, so I assume she is new in town. "Hey there, what's your name?" Mom asks the kid.

"Lilly." Replies the kid as she rocks back and forth on her feet. Mom gives her a sympathetic look before looking around the crowd for her parents.

"Is that them?" Mom points to a couple that shared Lilly's features. Lilly nods and runs to her parents who were chatting amongst some elderly.

"She is just like you." Mom chuckles as she watches Lilly hug her parents. I smiled at the reunited family. It must be nice hugging both parents.

Then, the church bell starts to ring, signaling the time to leave.

---

Mom and I were heading to a neighborhood gathering until mom decided to pull into a parking lot that belongs to a bakery. "We should get donuts."

"Why? I thought we were arriving there and then leaving?" I question, wondering where her mind has been for the last hour or two.

"It's been four years since your father left and it's been almost two years since Brad past, I think it's time for us to leave the nest and explore other parts of the tree." Mom responds, sounding a bit unsure at the end.

Two words I heard from her mouth: Move on

"How can you say that?!" I demanded.

"Alright! Sorry! Jeez, it was just a suggestion." Mom says rather quickly before pulling out of the lot. It was quiet on the ride to the gathering. An uneasy feeling settles in my stomach as we neared the gathering.

The gathering seems more like a party as we neared. Music blaring, fellow teenagers dancing and crushed beer cans everywhere. It looked like a gathering gone wrong.

"Stay close to me." Mom says rather huskily as she climbs out of the car. I follow suit as I tried to hide my face with my hair. It obviously didn't work.

"Ella! Is that you?" A voice, that I wanted to forget so badly, shouted. I followed mom into the crowd, trying to lose that someone from following me.

Somehow I lost mom in the crowd. One moment my mom in the bright yellow dress was there, the next I ended up bumping into someone. "Oh my god, I am so sorry!" Someone yells over the loud music.

I look up as I flattened my attire, there stood a tall brunette with glinting green eyes. I recognized her from my math class. Her name is Addison.

"It's okay," I mumble, though she could not hear me. I expected her to carry on with her life and just leave me to my doings. But when she didn't leave, I suspected that she was waiting for me to leave first.

Until she started chatting of course.

"I am Addison, Addison Palmer." She smiles at me and offers her hand to shake. I try to wipe off my sweaty hands before I shake her hand, but I couldn't wipe all of the perspiration off.

"Hi, I am Ella. Ella Rose." I send her a small smile, before quickly averting my eyes to the grass. I would of mention to her that we were in the same math class, but I seriously doubt she would remember.

"It's nice to meet you." Replies Addison before walking away in a short red dress. I look down at my attire, and suddenly felt underdressed. Great, just what I needed, a hint of jealousy.

A/N: Yep, second chapter down. I hope you aren't upset with me. Yeah, it wasn't the plan to kill Brad, but life isn't going as well as it is for me so why would Ella's? Anyways, how are you guys? Is school slowly draining away your soul?

If you like school, you probably haven't reached high-school yet.

Stay Pricey~ K