Chapter 1: The Girl in the Woods

Mavis P.O.V
I sit in my room on my deep purple colored bed. I look out the window wondering if I will finally get to go outside. After all its my 118th birthday daddy promised to let me go out. As if on cue he opens the door.

"Happy Birthday honey!" He says embracing me in a hug.

I laugh and hug back. "Thanks dad."

I smile, but in the back of my head I'm screaming let me go out. He pulls back and reaches in his cape. Then pulls out a small box. Its black with red ribbon. He hands it to me and I open it, gently pulling off the ribbon in case I can use it later.

"Holy rabies, you got me a cape!" I jump up and down, hugging him once more. "Thanks dad!" I pull it around me and tie it on.

"So you don't get cold while your out there." He says, the worry in his voice is obvious.

"I will be fine dad. I promise." I lean forward and kiss his cheek.

He smiles. "I love you Mavy Wavy."

I roll my eyes, but he doesn't notice. "I love you to dad."

I swirl the cape around myself as a puff of purple smoke surrounds me. Once I am turned into a bat I take off through the window. The air under my wings feels amazing! The mountains and trees flash green under me. I've never been able to do this before.

Suddenly, while looking down, I see something gold. I float down to a tree and turn back into my human form. Below me is a girl. She has beautiful golden hair that.......whoa! Wait a minute holy rabies its so long! Her hair is stuck in a branch near the tree I'm in.

She is trying her best to pull it out, but to no avail. Should I go down and help her? Will she notice what I am? I shake the thoughts out of my head. No way. I slowly fly down behind her, making no sound thanks to being a vampire. Then I walk up behind her and tap on her shoulder.

"Need some help?"

************************
Here's the first chapter of my very first book. Sorry about how short it is. I will try my best to make it longer. Anyway hope you guys liked it! If you think something needs to be fixed or added please comment!
Hope you guys have a fangtastic day/night!
~Mavis D.