Special Chapter: The Interview

Topic: What are AG's say about Jeron as Sam's boyfriend.

Place of Interview: At Juangco's garden

Time of Interview: 7:00 A.M/ fine weather, sun is up, blue sky

There were two, long, wooden benches facing each other under the tent umbrella. Sat on the left side was the interviewer. Next to her were Vegh and Ru who arrived together (mostly happens). On the other bench were Gwen, Franz, and Pryn. Pryn's late for about two minutes due to heavy traffic, which the interviewer took as nothing.

After some pleasantries, the interview started. The interviewer first asked Gwen (since she's the group's ate).

GWEN- About Jeron? Hmn...(smiled, tugged a hair behind her ear) He's nice! I can see that he's a nice guy and I can tell...that he'll take good care of Sam.

Interviewer- How is that?

GWEN- Oh. I can tell the way his eyes smile everytime he steals a glance at Sam.

Interviewer- Ganun din ba sa iyo si Onnz?

GWEN- (chuckled at the surprise) Hindi. (Shook a head) Iba si Onnz. Showy iyon. Specially when it's just the two of us...ang landi nun.

Everyone gave a soft laugh.

Interviewer- (turned at her side) How 'bout you Ru? Anong masasabi mo kay Jeron?

RU- Si Jeron? (Gave her trademark pout) He's goodlooking. Sam's right about his eyes. Maganda iyong mga mata niya. They're mysterious and catchy.

Interviewer- Boto ka ba sa kanya para sa kaibigan mo?

Ru- Oo naman. Whoever Sam chooses to love, I'm okay with him. Basta masaya siya, (crossed a leg) walang problema sa akin.

Interviewer- (Placed a hand on her chest) Wow, nakaka-touch naman. (Looked at Vegh) Ikaw, Vegh, boto ka rin ba kay Jeron?

VEGH- (Eyes shone) Actually, nagbake siya para sa amin ni Sam ng chocolate cake.How am I not supposed to like him?! Ang bait pa niya. Thoughtful siya, contrast to what Sam told us in her stories.

Interviewer- (Nodded and smiled) Alam ko na kung anong mga kuwentong yan.

VEGH- Chocolate. Sa kuwento niya ang negative ng dating ni Jeron but in person, like what Ate Gwen said-- he's nice.

FRANZ- Yeah. (Gestured a hand to explain) He's charming, kind, and a real gentleman. I remember back at our first meeting with him. Hinintay niya muna kaming lahat na madaanan ng sundo namin bago niya hinatid si Sam. Panatag akong aalagaan niya ang kaibigan namin.

Interviewer- (Sighed a smile at Franz' comment). Nang magsimulang magkwento si Sam tungkol kay Jeron sa inyo, anong unang pumasok sa isip mo, Franz?

FRANZ- Well...(crossed a finger at her lap) at first it's a shock. You know...Sam bragging about some guy...she'd talked about a few before and it's nothing like the ordinary, pero nung si Jeron na ang laman ng bibig niya, her expressions were all different. It's not bland at all, there were sweet and spice, and her eyes flickered like fireflies! I think she likes the guy.

The other AG's agreed.

Interviewer- We can see that in HML. And by that time, have you assumed that they are going to end up together?

FRANZ- Uhm. When Sam told us we're gonna meet him, I was like, "Finally!"

RU- But there's one of us who was the least excited about it. We weren't surprised though. Expected na namin sa kanya iyon. I think she's just being overprotected when it comes to us getting involved with a guy.

Interviewer- (Looked at AG's warily) And who is that overprotective friend..?

Everyone laughed except for one and said in chorus, "Pryn."

Interviewer- Pryn?

PRYN- (Became serious after a smile) That's true. (Everyone laughed again) When Kuya Onnz came into Ate Gwen's life, there has been changes na hindi naman maiiwasan. I was so silent about it, but it was hard for me to cope with those. Hati na iyong time niya para sa amin, na naiintindihan ko naman. Hindi na siya nakakasama palagi sa mga lakad. And we have to notice the line, hindi na siya iyong dating always available now that she's married. Kaya nung malaman kung may boyfriend na si Sam, sabi ko eto na naman. (Sorrounding suddenly became eerie silent) I was at the same time happy for her and sad for myself.

Chorus of 'Auwww'.

Interviewer- I know where you're coming from, Pryn.

PRYN- Yeah (lonely face). And I never thought I'd become this jealous to a guy. It felt like they're stealing my friends one by one.

RU- Jeez. You're getting melodramatic, Pryn. If I know kapag nagka-boyfriend ka ganun ka din.

VEGH- Tama.

PRYN- Pssh. Nagkampihan na naman kayong dalawa.

GWEN- I didn't know you're feeling that way, Pryn (Felt so sorry) How I wish I could take you home.

*Cuts here. There are few interviews still coming. Watch out for the next. For the meantime, thank you!