chapter 20

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

I catapult out of my sleep. Frantically I place my hand over my chest hoping it'd slow down my heart rate. A nightmare that's what I'd had, but this nightmare was real even when I was awake. All of it. Justin had actually broken up with me and moved out. I look over at the empty spot next to me.

I frown.

It'd been almost three months. Three months and no Justin. I wasn't sure if it was that we really had that many issues or if he was finally over our bullshit and was never coming back?

Aside from that I was four months pregnant now and besides sleeping, eating was the only other thing I ever wanted to do.

I throw my legs over the edge of the bed and hop off tying my robe around my body. I stagger out of the room and make my way into the kitchen where the smell of food is so much more potent. I breathe in the intoxicating smell.

"Logan?"

"Goodmorning!" She smiles my way and I make my way over towards the island taking a seat at one of the bar stools.

I perch my head on my hand staring at her whilst she cooks. "I bet you're hungry."

"I'm always hungry." I giggle because it was true and she knew it. At first I didn't know what I was going to do without Justin, but now I didn't know what I would do without her feeding me everyday or really just being here for me especially since both Justin and mom had left.

"So four month checkup. Is Mr. Dickhead going to actually go with you this time to find out the sex of the baby?"

"I uh—I don't know which probably means Auntie Logan is going again." I shoot her a lopsided smile. I'd had a few doctors appointments since the breakup and coincidentally Justin has had meetings he just couldn't miss each time. It hurt but he obviously needed the space and I was going to give it to him.

"You know you chose a real bastard to get pregnant by."

"Logan..."

"No, be honest the least he could do is show up to a damn doctors appointment or two. You may not want to say anything, but I will because it pisses me off." She says continuing to cook

...then it hits me

"What did you do?"

"Nothing"

"Logan..."

"I may have talked to Trevor about this." She looks up with a tight lipped smile. She didn't.....

"You didn't?" I rub my temple. She shouldn't have. This was more upsetting than the fact that Justin was purposely avoiding appointments. The last thing I wanted was everyone butting into our business and if there was one thing I knew about Justin was that he hated when people knew what went on in his personal life.

"I did which is why tomorrow afternoon that asshole will be with you at your OBGYN and together you'll find out the sex of your baby." She smiles proudly as if she'd done me a favor when she'd probably just made things worse.

Overprotective wasn't even the word, Logan was insufferable. I was handling this on my own. And maybe it wasn't the way she would've went about this, but she wasn't me and it wasn't her place to do these things.