ch. 3

"Yay, the store is open now!" I stated excitedly. I looked over at Bobby who merely laughed at my excitement and stood up. "Let's go in." And so we did. Apparently Bobby liked American food better than Korean, so i bought some food to make him American food, while most of the others simply missed a nice homecooked meal, so I got some materials for that as well. Checking out resulted in an argument between Bobby and I, who insisted that I should not be paying on the expense of their food, but ultimately, I payed hehe. We got our food double wrapped so that we could run swiftly back home before anybody noticed that Bobby was walking around the streets. It was still pretty early, but the streets were still filled with early worms and workers. Bobby insisted on at least carrying the bags home, and that I relented to, but it was the gentlemanly actions like these that made my cheeks flushed and my heartbeat irregular.

When we arrived at the apartment complex, we were hot, sweaty, out of breath, and laughing like 3 years olds due to Bobby's predictions on the other members finding out that we were both gone. We made a bet; Bobby insisted that Yunhyeong would be the most worried while I argued that no one even had gotten out of bed. He put the passcode into a their apartment complex and dramatically gestured for me to go in, and i stifled a giggle, not wanting to wake any of the boys up. Just like my predilection, none of iKon was awake, and i headed to the kitchen while Bobby went to catch a little more sleep. I decided to make an American style breakfast and a Korean homecooked dinner later.

Smelling the pancakes frying, the boys headed out, including Bobby and Chanwoo enthusiastically said,"Good morning!" While Jinhwan said,"mmm American style" & "Junhoe said,"Thanks Hee Eun!" "Hee Eun?" Hanbin said, raising an eyebrow. "Well its her name right?" Replied Junhoe sassily. "Yeah you can call me whichever! But for now, let's eat!"

"Hee Eun-ah, I heard you already started modeling in America, why did you come to Korea?" Asked yoonhyung while stuffing his face.

"Yeah, weren't you like dubbed as the "Asian Gigi Haddid" or something? I heard you were getting really famous," chipped in Donghyun.

I felt Bobby's worried gaze follow me. Although I had told him a part of the reason, I still hadn't given him the whole reason. I wasn't ready to tell anyone. 

"I've always wanted to act, and acting in Korea gives me a broader chance because not many Asians are welcomed as the main character in American TV." The boys nodded their heads.

"Mm noona this is delicious, thank you!" Said chanwoo shyly. I was a little bit taken aback hearing him talk; he was definitely the quietest of the bunch.

"Of course! Thank you for letting me stay."

"AGH OH GUL OH GUL!" (cheesy/corny) yelled Hanbin, and everyone burst into laughter. These boys were so silly. After checking his phone, Hanbin announced,"manager hyung is coming to pick us up soon, start getting ready." After hearing his statement, the boys once again thanked me for the food, and after placing the dishes in the sink, went into their rooms to get ready. "HEE EUN I'M USING THE BATHROOM DON'T COME IN" yelled Junhoe. That just left me and Bobby as everyone else had gone in to get ready, and he was using the living room.

"You're not going to get ready?" I asked him.

"I just need to shower but I'm going to wait until a shower is open," he replied.

"What do you guys eat during practice?"

"It really depends on the day. Are you going to be okay here alone?"

"Is it okay if i come visit? I'll bring you guys lunches."

"Yeah, sure! You remember where the training center is right?" While on the way back from the market, Bobby had showed me how to get to the training center. It was a bearable ️distance, but definitely one that is faster by car.

"Yup." Bobby broke the silence by asking,"what did you want to do most in Korea?"

"Lotte World!" I replied enthusiastically. We'd gone there once during a family vacation, and I loved it there.

"I wish I could take you--" he was interrupted when Junhoe stuck his head out and yelled,"Jiwon-ah I'm done!!"

-----------
"Bye, Hee Eun!" waved the boys as they all walked out of the building. Apparently my Korean name was preferable for all of them, except Bobby, who perpetually called me Jacey, which I didn't mind. In fact, I kind of liked that it was only him that called me by my english name.

After they left, I went on YouTube to find the Mix & Match program that Bobby had told me they had filmed. Turning it on my iPad, I began tidying up their rooms a bit. Cooking and cleaning was something I was used to doing from a young age, and it was the least I could do when they were letting me stay with them and even have the largest room there. I made sure not to mess with their personal stuff, and only smoothed out their bed and clothes. I was glad I started watching this show, it helped me learn their personalities a bit better. I understood why Chanwoo was so quiet, and BI so hardworking. Then, i set off on making their lunches. I decided to go with simple paninis, first sauteing some veggies, then toasting the bread on the pan, then adding some chicken and cheese, and pressing it down with another fry pan. I packed the sandwiches up with some fruit in a bag, and after a quick shower and blow dry, I got ready to visit them in the training center. Because it was hot outside, I wore denim shorts with a simple v-neck and cardigan, a short necklace, vans slip-ons, and a baseball cap along with some light makeup and I headed out on my walk while listening to music.

I got to the training center fairly easily, but it was difficult finding the room iKon was in. There were mostly offices and many practice rooms. After asking multiple producers, I finally came around to the practice room that I heard iKon was in.

I quietly opened the door and to my surprise, there was only Hanbin in there, with headphones in and bent over writing something down. He had a roll of Pringles that he would occasionally munch on, and I silently watched him before quietly sitting down next to him. He was so hardworking! He finally noticed me next to him, pulled off his headphones, and shot me a large grin. "You're here?"