chapter 13

Later that day Monica had come back from dropping off Lilly. She walked into see chandler smiling at her. “What?” she smiled as she placed her bag on the dining table. “Nothing” chandler chuckled. Monica sat down on the sofa next to him. “What do you want to do today?” chandler asked as he turned off the TV. “I don’t know ...nothing” Monica said bowing her head down before looking up out chandler’s window into her apartment. Chandler looked at her eyes as she watched out the window; he then turned his head realising where she was looking. He looked back at Monica before standing up and shutting the curtains. “Monica listen all you need is time so there is no need worrying about him” chandler said sitting back down next to her wiping the tear that fell down her face. “So what do you want to do, do you want to go see a movie or something?”  Monica nodded as she sniffed. “Okay” she said as she rubbed her eyes. Chandler smiled and rubbed her back as he stood up and walked to his room to get dressed. 

*theatre*

Monica and chandler where standing outside deciding what movie they should see. “What about this one” Monica said pointing to a poster. “Chandler came over to Monica and looked at the bottom of the poster for the description. “Abigail falls in love with a man and marries him secretly, but when her parents find out they band her from seeing him and force her to marry another man... it kind like a big soppy chick flick” chandler said standing back up placing his hands in his pockets. “Well we have seen pretty much everything else, unless you want to see the recorded version of the one woman play ‘why do you hate me, a bitter women’s journey through life’?” Monica giggled. Chandler smiled as they begun to line up. “So did you tell phoebe about Michael” chandler said quietly wondering why he brought it up again. “No” Monica said looking down at her feet. “Well what if...” chandler was cut off by the lady screaming “next” at the ticket booth.

When the movie had finished chandler and Monica decided to walk to the coffee house, because it was only a few blocks away. After 5 minutes of silent walking Monica begun to cry. Chandler stopped and placed his hand on her shoulder. “What’s wrong?”  Chandler said knowing that it was properly about Michael. Chandler couldn’t believe he had brought it up earlier. “In the movie she never got to be with the man she really loved, and then when she was with him something happened to him...That’s like me” Monica said trying to stop crying due to the fact she was getting stares from pass walking people. “Aw Monica” chandler said bringing her into a hug. As they begun walking again chandler was trying to understand what she meant before. “How could she still be in love with him, after what he did? Or was she trying to tell him she didn’t love him anymore? Chandler couldn’t work out what she meant.

*coffee house*

Monica and chandler walked through the door and sat down on the sofa. “Do you have any other plans for today?” Monica asked as she threw her hand up in the air to signal gaunter to bring her a coffee. “Well earlier on Joey, my actor friend” chandler said with quotations. “He rang earlier when I was getting dressed; he is back in New York and wants to meet up later” chandler said accepting the coffee from gaunter. “Oh yeah that’s good” Monica smiled before taking a sip of her coffee. “I’m not going” chandler said as he shook a sachet of sugar and poured it into his coffee. “What why?” Monica asked. “Well I don’t want to leave you alone at a time...at a time like this” chandler said taking a sip of his coffee. “No, chandler I’ll be fine, you go” Monica smiled. “Ok but what are you going to do?” chandler asked taking his cell phone out of his pocket. “Ill probably just go back to your place and have a sleep and watch a couple of movies” Monica said. “Okay if you’re sure...” chandler said putting his phone up to his ear. Monica nodded as chandler said hello into the phone. “Hey Joe, I’m actually free do you want to meet up... okay sure I’ll meet you there” chandler said hanging up the phone. “I’m going to meet him at some dry cleaners” “Why a dry cleaners” Monica asked taking another sip of her coffee. “I don’t know his trying to get his picture up on the wall or something?”