Isolophobia

Isolophobia- Fear of solitude, being alone

Wednesday December 10, 2014 (Date In Story)

Phoebe's POV

To say I felt awkward, when I found out Lucy and Tristan knew each other, would be the understatement of the year. So yeah...Basically we all went inside and drank some tea. I just silently sat there as they discussed art. After five minutes I gave up.

I stood up, pushing my chair behind me as I did making a loud screeching noise. They both look up at me as I grab my tea and walk into my library. All the while neither of them said anything or followed, which I was thankful for.

This all happened a week ago, and since then I've been ignoring and avoiding Tristan as much as possible. I don't even know why, but every time he tries to talk to me I just pretend that I hadn't heard him and walk away.

So here I am at school in math, my only class with Tristan. He continues to poke my back with the eraser tipped end of his pencil. I don't pay any attention to him and try my best not to stand up and yell at him. I just shake my head slightly as he continues and go back to taking my notes.

Thankfully class soon is out. I hurry to grab all my things and rush out to the parking lot. Unfortunately Tristan easily caught up to me, grabbing my arm, stopping me and turning me to look at him.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He asks, I just shrug my shoulders not knowing how to respond. I try to remove my arm from his hold on me but he just tightens his grip.

"Would you stop trying to run away and talk to me." He grits out.

"Talking to you would require me to have something to say, but I don't have anything to say." When I finish talking his grip loosens and I slip my arm out of his hand getting into my car, making my way home.

Tristan's POV

I don't understand her. One minute we're talking and the next minute she's ignoring me refusing to talk. Why must she be so difficult and strong headed. All I wanted to know is why she was ignoring me and if she was okay.

So at the moment I'm gently poking her with the end of my pencil instead of taking what may be important notes. Apparently this doesn't work, I see her slightly shake her head. So she does know I exist. I continue to poke her but she just goes back to writing her notes, which I should be doing.

Before I know it the bell has rung and Phoebe rushed off. I grab my things and run to the parking lot,where I knew she would be. I hurry to catch up with her, and when I finally do I grab her arm and make her turn and look at me.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Are the first words out of my mouth. I mean this is so unlike me. I calm and confident. I don't go around chasing girls. And what do I find myself doing, being nervous and chasing a girl. What is Phoebe Parker doing to me?

Let's just say that the response I got was not the one I was expecting. She shrugs her shoulders. She shrugs her shoulders, she can't give me a real answer. I snap out of my thoughts when I feel her trying to snatch her arm out of my hand, I just slightly tighten my grip on her.

"Would you stop trying to run away and talk to me." I grit out slightly angry and annoyed. She just gives me this weird look, I'm pretty sure she was glaring at me.

"Talking to you would require me to have something to say, but I don't have anything to say." Is what she says. I stand there my hand going slack, giving her the chance to get away. And get away she did.