Chapter 1

It all started when she was a kid, she was always an outsider, someone who didn't fit in and magic just seemed to be a release for her.

It started off with dumb tricks that could easily be debunked but by the age of seventeen she was gathered large crowds on the streets of Miami, blowing everyone's mind.

The dumbstruck look on everyone's face never get old.

"Ok, so who thinks they know some of the simplest magic tricks?" Lauren said, looking at the sea of about twenty to thirty faces, pointing to someone who had their hand up. "You. What's your name?" The girl asked, pulling the boy out of the crowd.

The boy opened his mouth to speak but Lauren shook her head, holding up the fanned out pack of cars. "Forget I asked. Ok, Adam-" Lauren grinned at the shocked/surprised look on the boys face and the round of gasps from the crowd. "Ok, if you guess where your card is I'll give you twenty bucks, if you don't you give me twenty bucks, deal?"

"Deal" the boy agreed shaking Lauren's hand.

"Huh, an Aquarius." Lauren muttered before nodding to her cards. "Pick a card."

"Seriously? I thought you were better than card tricks."

"Oh, I am but unless you want me to take your watch and money without you noticing then I'd pick a card, honey."

The boy did as he was told, picking out a card and looking at it.

"Alright, don't show me, obviously, but here, sign it." Lauren held out a sharpie and the boy signed the card before placing it back in the deck. Lauren began absentmindedly shuffling the deck as she looked at the boy. "Ok, so if you know every trick in the book, where's your card?"

"At the top of the deck?"

"Nope," Lauren shook her head, lifting up the top card.

"Oh, let me guess, in my pocket?" The boy rolled his eyes, reaching into his pocket and picking out something, squealing when he noticed it wasn't the card but a plastic spider.

"Please, that's so cliche." Lauren grinned.

"Fine, where is it?"

Lauren just grinned, holding up a pin before flicking it at the pink balloon the little girl in the front row was holding. Everyone gasped and the child frowned, picking up a card that had fallen from her balloon.

"Is this it?" The girl held the card out to Adam who took the card, his eyes wide in surprise.

"How the fuck did you do that?" The boy mumbled but Lauren just strutted past him, taking the twenty dollar bill her was holding up, and walked over to the little girl.

"I'm sorry about your balloon, sweetheart." Lauren said, crouching down next to the little girl and wiggling her fingers making one of the twisting balloons emerge from the sleeve of her shirt. "What's your favorite animal?"

"A monkey."

"Ok, what's your favorite animal out of a dog, giraffe or mouse?"

"Uh, giraffe."

Lauren nodded, twisting the balloon into the shape of a giraffe before holding it out to the girl.

"Thank you."

Lauren just smiled, standing up straight and looking at the girl who was with the little girl. "Hi,"

"That was impressive. Do you know him?"

"No,"

"Then how did you guess his name?"

"I'm kind of a little psychic." Lauren said making the girl roll her eyes. "I could guess your name."