Chapter 2

"Hey, you finished with that cup?" Lauren asked, pointing to the cup in on of the spectators hands.

"No, it's only half done."

"That's cool, too." Lauren shrugged, taking the cup from the mans hand and tipping it slightly causing some of the coffee to spill out. "Ok, so I need this empty." Lauren said, waving her hand above the cup a couple of times before turning it upside down over the closest kids head.

There was a sharp intake on breath from the crowd as they waited for the coffee to spill out but it never did. "Ok, great. Right, who thinks I can make this cup float?"

"I do!" Sofia called from the front row making Lauren smile.

"I have one believer, what about the rest of you." There was a few murmurs through the crowd as Lauren continued. "You know, if this was the eighteen hundreds I would've been burnt at the stake for this kind of thing-" Lauren said, nonchalantly spinning the cup and placing one hand bellow and one hand above the cup, leaving a few inches between her hands and the cup. "It was silly, really, I mean, magic doesn't exist, right? It's just all smoke and mirrors, right?"

There was the usually murmur of amazement through the crowd of people that never failed to make Lauren grin as she slammed her hands together, causing the crowd to gasp, and made the cup disappear.

"Wow." Sofia gasped as Lauren walked over to them. "Can you make 'Mila disappear?"

Lauren chuckled and shook her head. "Sorry, kid, I'm not that good."

The little girl pouted making Lauren laugh as she looked up at Camila and the girl she was standing with.

"This is- well, you probably already know, don't you?"

Lauren nodded and shrugged her shoulders. "I would prefer it if you introduced up properly, though."

Camila arched her eyebrow at Lauren, "Whats up, losing your touch?"

"Your lack of faith in me hurts, Camila." Lauren grinned, turning to the girls friend. "Hi, Ally, I'm Lauren."

"Hey, Camila's told me all about you."

"She has?" Lauren frowned, glancing over at Camila who was staring down at her feet. "Good or bad things?"

"Good things, most of which I didn't listen too because I was cooking and she was just going on and on."

"Ally." Camila hissed, glaring up at her friends.

"No, no. Ally, continue."

"You stop too before I tear up your precious pack of cards." Camila warned making Lauren hold up her hands in defense.

"Ok, sorry." Lauren grinned, turning her hand so the back of her hand was facing Camila and before the younger girl could blink Lauren was holding up a rose in front of her face. "Congratulations for getting an A."

"How did you- you know what? I'm not even going to bother asking." Camila said, taking the rose from Lauren.

"Smart move." Lauren agreed, nodding her head.

"We're going to the park on the beach, do you want to come?"

"If your sister doesn't mind then yeah, I'd love to come."

"Can she, 'mila?" Sofia asked, looking up at her sister with a pleading look in her eyes.

"Of course, if she really wants too."

"I do." Lauren assured, smiling shyly over at Camila and began walking along side her as they walked towards the beach.

"How old are you, Lauren?" Ally asked, squinting up at Lauren.