Irresistable

There's an off day this Saturday. Only a mere two days away. We're spending two nights here in Florida before heading up to Wisconsin for one day. It's only five o'clock and we've both finished our sets, seeing as we were damned with early sets for once. Maybe it's for the better, because it's hotter than hell out here. It had to be over a hundred degrees, and though there are plenty of clouds in the sky, they're all too lazy to move enough to cover the sun for some shade. I don't blame them, the clouds, I'm too hot and lazy to move either. I'm comfortable just where I am, laying on a blanket, under the shade of an oak tree, with the coolest dude laying next to me. 

I had stripped off my shirt hours ago, but Mikey on the other hand, claims to be okay. I swear, that boy will melt right into the blanket, he's wearing a black band tee and jeans, skinny jeans nonetheless. I told him he looked hot, then quickly stumbled over my words to reform the sentence into being 'you look too warm, it's like a million degrees'. Mikey shrugged to that. I really only wanted his shirt off because I was jealous. When I peeled my shirt off he raked his eyes over my torso, soaking in the tattoos. His eyes were burning hot through my skin, but he didn't notice and I was content watching him admire my ink. Then he stared at the bat heart tattoo, my favourite, and his eyes sent electric shock waves through my stomach, which, I had hoped weren't making my stomach twitch and convulse under his gaze. His arm twitched, like he lost control for a second, like he was going to reach out and touch it, but then gained control of his arm again. I reached out for his hand, guiding it to my lower abdomen, pushing his long fingertips against my rough skin. It was a spoken agreement that I was okay with his admiration. He didn't hesitate, he instantly began to trace the ink's edges with a feathery light touch, keeping his lips slightly parted with overflowing admiration. I shivered under his touch, not like a cold shiver, because it's like a volcano's asshole out here, but like... a shiver that runs down your spine for no reason, kinda like a demons possessing me or something. He kept tracing the ink and I kept my eyes locked on his delicate digits. My stomach was flip flopping around in my stomach like it was trying out for the gymnastics team. I let out a shaky breath when he brushed over the thin trail of hair leading into my jeans. It was like he was hypnotised just by tracing the colours, and I was hypnotised watching him. I had to stop him when I felt my jeans tighten in places that were not okay. When he heard my voice he jumped back a little, like he had just hurt me, but when he saw how distraught I was, he said "I like your ink" and laid back down beside me. 

That's where we are now. Laying, looking at the lazy clouds that are even too lazy to form a cool shape like a bunny or a dragon or a unicorn for Mikey. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him open his eyes behind his glasses, putting his eyes to the sun. "The sun is only blinding to keep back what the clouds are hiding." He says lightly, kind of like my English professor back when I was in the university. 

"I don't get it" I tell him, turning my head to watch him stare into the endless blue sky. What are the clouds hiding? Birds? Jesus? The president's email password? Even then, the sun isn't always blinding, sometimes it sets and when it's against the horizon, the whole sky is like lilacs, beautiful. But then, it's not blinding nor hiding secrets to an evil circus ring with bears on beach balls and clowns shooting out of cannons. 

"The clouds can only cover up so much, so the sun has to take over to make sure no one can see what the clouds don't want anyone to see." he turns his head to look at me, his lips chapped and his eyes glistening. When he sees that my face reads something along the lines of 'what the fuckity fuck are you talking about? Are you on drugs?' and maybe my face even read 'is there the perfect burrito recipe hidden in the clouds?' but I doubt it, he dives into deeper detail. "People. They hide all the bad inside, with a bright smile. Everything they don't want people to see gets covered up, but that means all the good stuff gets covered up too. All the stuff that makes people fall in love with each other. People love the sun, but they don't really know anything else about the sky" He explains.