Chapter 8: confessions of a griving mom

Richard was watching TV when Nicole came home.

"Hey Richard" Nicole said.

"Hey Nicole, how was your day" Richard asked.

"You won't believe this, I went to talk to Jamie's mom like you said, and her mom turned out to be Denise Elist" Nicole explained

"Denise from high school?" Richard asked shocked.

"Yup" Nicole said.

"Wow, so she's Jamie's mom. Now that I think about it, they do look similar" Richard said still shocked.

"Yeah, and we went out to talk for a while for some girl talk and catch up" Nicole said.

"Cool and you told her about the Jamie and gumball thing right?" Richard asked.

"Actually, that didn't come up" Nicole said ashamed.

"You're kidding" Richard said.

"No" Nicole said.

"Nicole, how could you forget?" Richard asked a little angry at his wife.

"I know, I didn't realize that I forgot to talk about that until I was already back at work, but don't worry, I'll just tell her tomorrow on my lunch break" Nicole explained.

"I hope so, also brown called, he said he wants to move the meeting up from Friday to Thursday after school" Richard explained.

"Move the meeting up, why?" Nicole asked.

"I don't know, and he said it won't be just with you, but with Jamie's family as well." Richard said.

"Really, well looks like me and Denise well have something else to talk about tomorrow" Nicole said.

"Looks like" Richard said.

"So, how were Darwin and anais today" Nicole asked.

"If buy that you mean did anyone beat them up then yes and no" Richard said.

"What do you mean yes and no?" Nicole asked.

"I mean yes as in Darwin got beat up, and no as in anais didn't" Richard explained.

"anais wasn't beat up?" Nicole asked curious.

"No, turns out Darwin pleaded with the other kids to spare her duo to her age, and for them to give Darwin her share of the beatings, and they did" Richard explained.

"Oh okay" Nicole said then noticed anais come down the stairs..

"anais, what is it?" Nicole asked.

"It's about gumball, or more pacifically, the Raid Club" anais said.

"What about them?" Nicole asked.

"Well I found out some information about them" anais said then began explaining.

-One explanation later-

"And that pretty much it" anais said finishing her explanation.

"So the raid club is a club that goes against the school and pulls pranks on it, and does this because they think principal brown and mister small wrongfully accused a student and had him wrongful expelled?" Nicole asked.

"Pretty much" anais said.

"anais" Nicole said.

"Yes?" anais asked and was then picked up and hugged by her mom.

"I'm sorry for last night" Nicole said in an apologetic tone.

"Mom, should you really apologize to me, when you didn't apologize to gumball" anais said in an annoyed tone.