Chapter 13

Care bear? She thinks I'm a Care bear? She must not have heard about me breaking a door down and attacking those flee bag cats back in Louisiana.

Ok Care bear is pretty cool I guess. Sitting around one of the tables back at the pack house, all I could think about was awestruck I was by the size of this place not to mention everything about New York. The temperature for one, Otto had to get me a sweater, but also the rolling hills in some places and flat fields in others.

The people are pretty great too. Patsy was so nice when they picked us up. I had to assume Logan is her mate just by the way he looked at her. Its the same way Otto looks at me. You could see the devotion he felt for her. Like his whole life is devoted to her.

When we got to the pack house there were at least 50 people there to greet us. I say us because they were just as excited to see me as they were to see Otto.

My favorite part was when little Angie saw Laec she squirmed until Billy put her down then toddles right over to Marty who was holding him. She stood on her tip toes try to touch him but she was too short. Marty ended up squatting down so she could see him. She placed her little hand on his head and they both sighed.

Marty looked to Otto who was smiling. "They are mates. She told us about it right before we left. That's why she came with us."

Shaking his head he said, "I don't know if I will ever get used to all of this."

"I know I won't." I had to put in.

Chuckles were heard from quite a few with smiles from everyone else.

"You are holding up remarkably well considering just days ago you knew nothing about all of this." Hattie said, adjusting Linc on her hip as she made her way over to stand next to me.

"I'm trying. Its kind of hard not too when you can turn into a bear." Linc leaned over and touched me. I heard the words 'see bear' in my head and did a little freak out.

"Um your son just talked to me in my head." I said with my voice shaking ever so slightly.

"Oh he does that. He isn't talking quite talking yet so he tells us things by touching us. Actually all three of them do." Ok deep breaths. I can handle all of the craziness.

That was about an hour ago. Eventually we were showed to our room and settled in. After getting Jaxon changed I made my way downstairs and heard talking from what I found was the kitchen.

I met several other women including Andi and Sarah who were both so sweet too. Otto was definitely telling the truth about these women. They are all wonderful.

So here we are talking and drinking coffee or juice in the kids’ cases. The kids all clustered at the end of the table in high chairs us women at the other talking. Jaxon was eating with one hand while Liliana held his other. Somehow I could tell they were talking by the way they kept looking at each other.

“I would love to know what they are talking about,” I said still watching them.

Andi the turned to me and said, “Touch Jaxon and you can find out. When they communicate by touch like that you just need to touch one of them and you will be brought into the loop, so to speak.” She gave me a half smile and nudged my shoulder. “Go on try it out.”

Taking a deep breath I stood up and walked to stand behind Jaxon. Tentatively I put my hand out and touched his shoulder. I didn’t know what I expected but it wasn’t what I heard. They were talking about Otto. Jaxon was saying he wanted him as his daddy and Liliana was telling him that he is now. ‘Mommy mate Otto. Otto Daddy now.’

Jaxon looked up at me and looked a little confused by my tears but pointed to the door way out of the kitchen and said, “Daddy Otter.” I smiled I couldn’t help picking him up and hugging him close.

“Oh baby that’s right Otto is Daddy now.” How this little boy brings me such joy I will never understand. Nor will I understand how these small babies can do what they do.

“Thank you Liliana for explaining to Jaxon.” I brushed the light brown hair off of her head. “You are a precious gift.”

Hattie got up from her chair to stand next to me and with a sad look said, “Taylor I would like you to meet someone.”

Puzzled I followed her out of the kitchen and upstairs. She paused for just a moment and opened the door. In the room were three women with children playing on the floor. Hattie whispered in my ear these are the women that were saved last year a couple of the children are there’s but the rest lost their Moms.” I could feel my eyes prickle and new at that moment I had to do something. Bad things have happened to me but nothing compared to these women and the women who died.

“Take me to Otto.”