KJC

A slender looking woman in her late thirties sat in a private taxi, she looked sophisticated, obviously she was rich. She kept starring at an old photo in her hands. She turned the back and read the address again.

" Ohemaa house"
#203 Odum Street,
Sampa Hill
Accra

"Are you sure we're at the right place?" she asked the driver. The neighborhood looked different. It's been seventeen years now since she left. She looked around and suddenly felt uneasy.
"sure ma'am, I've known this neighborhood ever since i was a teenager" The elderly looking driver replied with a nod.
"Did you say Ohemaa Villa?" The driver asked to be sure
"Yeah" she replied still starring at the photo.
"you're not from around here are you?" he raised his eyebrows from the review mirror
she sighed and looked up.She paused for a minute then she answered
" No, just business"
satisfied with her answer, the old man continued with his eyes fixed on the road.
" That house used to be owned by  Judge. KJC, he was a very influential and generous Judge, the name K.J.C was his initials but no one knew his real name, we all called him Judge JayCee. It was believed he inherited this house from his godfather a Professor at the Cantonments University. He had an adorable daughter with his first wife, a very beautiful woman who disappeared mysteriously. That house used to have a friendly aura, until his second mistress moved in, she was one hell of a lady, she was vicious and extremely poisonous. It was rumored she killed him for his wealth, All the servants in that house left after his death, they couldn't cope in that house except two loyal servants who stayed behind" He shook his head sadly"
what happened to his daughter?" She looked at the review mirror searching for an answer
" She lives in the house with the monster and her children, i heard the monster turned her into a servant too" He shook his head again wearing a sad expression.
Thoughts began to flood her mind. Was it the right time to go in there? Should she go back?
He pulled over at a very huge mansion and turned to face her
"we're here ma'am" interrupting her thoughts.
The mansion looked different, the beautiful "Ohemaa Villa" that used to be sculptured on the wall was replaced with a sculptured feminine tough face wearing a crown.
"On second thoughts can you drive me to Mango lane ? I need to see an old friend first"
she said without thinking
" that will cost GHC10.00 ma'am" he smiled at her showing his two missing front teeth
" don't worry about that!" she took out her phone and dialed a number .
A older woman spoke from the other line
" hello"
She cleared her throat and responded

"Ivy" she whispered

she was the only person she could trust right now.

"Rennette is that you? talk to me
Hello! Hello!"
The receiver spoke from the end of the line.

"I'm almost at your end......... we'll talk when i get there"

She ended the call and shut her eyes. Why did she come back?

At the other end of the line. An elderly woman in a medical scrubs spoke in the mouth piece.
"Hello..hello.." The line just went dead.
She was dumbfounded . There was no doubt the caller was Rennette, She had to get home as fast as possible.
She turned to one of the nurses on duty who was wheeling a little boy towards the paediatric ward
" May! emergency at home, I'll have to run" She had no time to change into regular clothes. She shoved a bunch of keys and some pamphlets in May's hands. "You're in charge"
She picked her purse and car keys and dashed out without looking behind.

*****************************
Edinam

" You like the guy don't you?" I turned to Nhyira who kept driving without answering.

"My house is that way, silly!" Reindolf screamed from the back at Nhyira who had missed the street.

Nhyira immediately hit the brakes and made a quick reverse before taking a turn into Reindolf's street.

" Love has turned you into a dumbbell huh? see how silly you look right now" Reindolf continued.

Nhyira shot him a nasty look from the review mirror making me laugh harder

" Stop giving me those scary looks, you look like Latisha with horns when you do that"

Nhyira and I both burst out in laughter.

"Reindolf you're crazy" Nhyira said in between laughs looking at Reindolf from the review mirror

"Now that's better, you look more prettier when you laugh" Reindolf gave Nhyira a wink making her smile shyly

" Rein did you just give Nhyira a compliment?" .

" Hey I'm a nice guy, don't look at me like that" he raised his hands up.

I turned and rested my head on the car seat and began asking myself questions; why had Kwami asked me to be his date? How did he know my house? I bet the trio probably blabbed it in school.

My house had wonderful memories, The Cantonments Charity Ball was an important event to my family (thus my late dad, my late grandfather and Great-grandfather). As the School's Personal legal Advisor he never missed the Ball, It was a family tradition to host most of the important guests who attended the ball in our home but after my Dad passed, No one wanted to follow Maame home from the dinner. Johnny once revealed it was at one of the charity balls held that My Father met Maame. She came to the dinner every year purposely to attract a rich prospective suitor and her dream came into reality. Her charm worked when my dad set his eyes on her.
Something just told me Maame wouldn't want me at the ball. I had to devise a plan and figure out what to wear.

************************

Hi im sorry this chapter was kinda short. Keeping dropping your comments , they mean a lot to me. Love you guys
Serwaa_xoxo