Strange Beautiful

We met Reindolf's mum at the entrance in her scrubs, which was quite unusual since Mrs Doe was hardly home during the day.
"Good afternoon, Mama Vee." Nhyira and I chorused as we got out of the car.
"Hello, girls, Happy Birthday, Ohemaa." Mrs. Doe gave me a bear hug
"Aww Mama Vee, you remembered" She planted a kiss on my forehead and raised my chin to meet her gaze "Ohemaa you've always been my adorable little sunshine, how can i forget your birthday?" I smiled shyly

Reindolf planted a sloppy kiss on her mother's cheek and opened the door ajar for us to get in.
We all headed to Reindolf's room and made ourselves comfortable as Rein rang the pizza guys and made an order.

"So what did those SRC guys say?" Reindolf had connected his laptop to the big TV screen on the wall so we could all enjoy the movie

***********************************
Ivy changed into casual clothes, picked up her phone, and texted the last number on her call log.
" I'll meet you at the Sport Club in some few minutes... you don't have to drive here. " she quickly hit the send button and tucked her phone inside her khaki shorts pocket.
She couldn't risk having her in the house. She made a promise. Why had she come back?
They both agreed it was best she stayed away, what had changed her mind.

She quickly changed into casual clothes and dashed to Reindolf's room she heard them chattering inside. she paused a while before knocking on the door. " May I?"
"Come in, Mama Vee," she heard Edinam's voice. Her voice reminded her so much of her friend.

"Reindolf , girls, I have an important meeting with an old friend, I left GHC500.00 on the dining table for your pizza."
I can't tell when I'll be back. Carry your key along in case....." Before she could finish her sentence, her phone began ringing.
" Hello..hellooooo." she waved over her shoulder and dashed out in a rush.

Edinam

I looked at Nhyira and Reindolf, who were so engrossed in the movie, unlike me. I brought out my phone and yawned, I was bored already. I needed to find the perfect outfit for the ball. I pressed the google icon
Ding-dong!!!!!! The doorbell interrupted my thoughts.
" Must be the pizza. I got up and dashed out of the room. " I'll get it," I yelled, getting out as fast as possible. I picked the money on my way to the door from the dining hall table and opened the door , only to be met by a beautiful looking woman in classy stilettos and well manicured nails. I couldn't stop staring
"H-Hi," I stammered. She looked surprised to see me as well.

"My name is Rennette, Is Ivy at home?" Her voice was so soft and soothing , Her voice sounded so familiar."Aunt Ivy's out to meet a friend. " she looked disappointed."Do you mind waiting for her? "
I don't know why I was allowing a total stranger into Reindolf's home, but something told me I could trust her.
"That'll be lovely, and you are?" Maintaining perfect eye contact, suddenly it felt like I knew this woman. "Edinam"
She coughed uneasily. " Can I have a cold glass of water, please?"

I quickly entered the kitchen and filled a glass of water from the water pitcher. Who was this woman, and why did she have this weird effect on me.

I returned to the living room to meet her on a phone conversation, there was excitement in her voice " she's grown so beautiful...." And why was she whispering? Who is she talking about? Does this woman know me or something? As if she read my thoughts. "I'll call you back.." She hanged up and turned at me. I could see tears in her eyes.

"Ma'am, are you OK?" She looked at me questionably."M-Ma'am?? she stammered unbelievably. " Yeah.. Ma'am as in Madam??" Gosh! How could I have called her madam, I totally forgot we were in the 21st century where most women hated the word madam because it sounded old.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am I meant Rennette." Her face eased up into a smile. "Don't worry, love, I'm fine, must be the cough." she winked at me, and I immediately relaxed.

********************************************
Mrs Ivy Doe kept turning around to see if she'd catch a glimpse of her friend.
She had received Rennette's letters and messages, but she had no idea she was going to show up this time around.
Rennette had married her childhood sweetheart and father's honorary godson.
Rennette's father Prof Adziri Janko Cantonments was a very influential man.
He was very rich and had
Years later, there was an alleged scandal where her late father was accused of drug trafficking and money laundering. He mysteriously died in police custody.
She was given an ultimatum to either travel to Xavier, a country in another

It was believed her grandfather was part of a dangerous fraternity.

The only way to save the name of the family and