Chapter five

When I got home from school that day I went straight into the kitchen.

"Kathy, can I talk to you?" I asked. My voice cracked and I could tell she was worried. I explained my morning to her and when I was done a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"Taylor, I can tell you are hurt. And I understand why, your dad lied to you. And Jonas didn't even try to contact you for years. Have you thought things over at all?"

"I want him to be apart of my life, but not Maya or Brody's life. At least not yet. Things are already hard and they are about to get harder. I think I will wait a bit until I start talking to him again. I want to focus on whats happening right now. I'm not just going to stop what I started because my real brother decides to show up." I said it and it was the truth. Jonas didn't matter right now, it was Maya, Brody, Kathy and Ryan who mattered to me right now. Well and of course Adam too.

"Okay. It's your choice, and I will support you." Kathy said with a gentle smile.

"Can Adam come over to do homework for a little bit?"

"Why don't you ask him to stay for dinner too." Kathy was so sweet and it mean't a lot.

"Sure, thank you." I called Adam and invited him over. When he got here I explained to him what happened. He thought I was making the right choice. We ate chicken with salad and potatoes for dinner. It was so good. After dinner Adam and I played with the kids. We colored and sang and danced around. I felt apart of a family again. At about 10 o'clock Maya and Brody were sleeping and we were watching a movie. When the movie was done Adam went home and I went to bed. There needs to be more nights like that.

______________________________________________________________________________

Today is my birthday! I plugged my ipod into my speakers and started playing American Idoit. Today I was going out with Kathy to go shopping then we were going to meet up with Maya, Brody, Ryan and Kathy invited Adam for dinner at my favorite place, Noodles! Yummy! I was excited. Since we were going to the mall I put on blue jean shorts, my mint tank top and I put my hair up with my bangs down. I had on the heart necklace Adam gave me and I wore my zebra stripped flip flops. My make up was mascara and eyeliner. We went to Forever 21, Wet seal, Victoria Secert, Rue 21, Garage, Lola and target cause I needed makeup and stuff. I got something in every store. Today I turned 17! And I figured I needed a new look so I got girlier clothes. After shopping we didn't go meet them at Noodles. Instead we went to a car dealrship. I was confused at first and then it hit me..THEY WERE BUYING ME A CAR! Wow.

"You guys can't buy me a car! It's way to much money! And I can't buy one cause, I just spent alot of money on clothes!" I said when we got out of the car and saw Ryan.

"Yes we can. It's a gift. Plus you deaserve one. You got all your grades up. You stopped doing drugs, you're changing and that's not a bad thing." He said with a smile on his face.

"Okay, I guess I can't argue with that!" I said with a giant smile on my face. I ended up getting a little green car, I thought it was cute! After we got the car we went to Noodles. I guess Adam was bringing Maya and Brody to meet with us. When we got there I got what I always get. The Penne Rosa and a hi-c. After that we went home and so did Adam. When we got home Maya brought me into her room and gave me card that said Happy Birthday Sister. I love you. It made me smile. I brought her into a hug. She asked if she could sleep with me in my room tonight. I told her she could if she wanted to. So that night we went to bed together. Her in her princess pjs and me in my sweats and tshirt. Tomorrow she was going to start treatment. So I was going to spend the day in the hospital with her.