Chapter Two

When I woke up that morning I had 2 missed calls from Adam and about 5 texts. I forgot to call him last night. 

"Hey, sorry I was beat. Call ya later." I shot him a text. I am going to turn my life around. Now that Maya has cancer I have to focus on her more than, weed and drinking. I have a new family now. And Maya means a lot to me. No more partying all the time. This sounds like it wouldn't only help me get along with Kathy but it would also make me better.

Today is Monday so I have to get ready for school. I start blasting David Guetta and Usher's song, Without you. I throw my hair up in a messy bun and braid my hair back. I have kind of a dark brown blackish color hair, it's pretty long too. It's wavy, but I want it to be straight. I put in my black stud earings in the first hole and in my double hole I went with the classic white diamond ones. I put on light make up today. No eye shadow, just some eyeliner on the bottom and mascara on top. And of course  I put on my favorite chapstick. EOS. I don't usually wear lip gloss. Chapstick all the way! I threw on a pair of my Tennis sweatpants they were gray and said Tay on the side, I then put on my band T-Shirt that said Pierce the Veil.

When I left my room I went into the kitchen and found Kathy, Ryan, Maya and Brody sitting there. Ryan made chocolate chip pancakes! My favorite! Maya and Brody were enjoying their pancakes. Maya just had butter on hers and Jonas had syrup. I personally like chocolate syrup on mine. 

"Good Morning!" I say happily.

"Morning!" Kathy says with a bright smile on her face. "Taylor, will you sit down and read this note, please."

It was basically a note saying don't mention the cancer or adoption to Maya or Brody, cause I guess we were saving the news for tonight. I wonder how Brody is going to react to having his little sister having cancer. I guess I will have to wait to find out tonight. 

When I got to school I found Adam waiting in the front. As soon as he saw me he ran up to me and hugged me. Kayla, a crazy girl who is obsessed with Adam started glaring at me. I just smiled back, let your haters be your motivators. She stormed off like an angry hippo or something. 

"Hey!" He said once he released me from his hug

"Hey there!" 

"How was the doctor appt. yesterday?" He asked, his smile fading.

"Well, basically they just confirmed the cancer and went over treatments and stuff like that."

"Oh, well how are you with everything?" concern filled his voice, and I kinda liked it. Having someone care for me is nice. But I guess Kathy and Ryan care for me too, so Adam isn't the only one.

"I'm fine. I decided what I do isn't healthy. Drinking, Smoking, partying all the time. I need to stop and I am going too. I need to turn my life around for Maya and it will be for the best. And honestly, I'm kinda excited about it." He didn't say anything, he just smiled. It was enough for me. I already knew he would be there for me, comforting me. After that the day went by fast. I didn't skip any classes to go smoke or anything. I went to all of my classes and ignored my old "friends". When I got home I grabbed an apple and did my homework right away, cause I knew a lot of talking would be going on tonight. I was kinda nervous to be honest. 

After dinner is when it happened. We all gathered in the family room. Maya sitting on my lap, on the ground. Kathy and Ryan holding hands and Brody sitting on the ground next to me. 

"Mommy, what's going on? We never do this." Brody asked

"Mommy and Daddy have to talk to you and Maya about some stuff." Kathy answered with a gentle smile on her face