The Crypts of Legend

A/N:  So I Went from 800 something to 200 something on the Werewolf hot lis within the last week or so. That's amazing. thank you for everyone who is reading. Hopefully I continue to climb the list. That being said, as usual, any comments, negative or postive are appreciated, as well as votes.

Chapter Four: The Crypts of Legend

      The voice along with its warning was all anyone could talk about, and undoubtedly all anyone could think about as the funeral proceeded. A few speeches were made here and there, the King of California made one, as did the King of Texas, the third and final tribunal member as he arrived late. Judge Tidus of the East along with his mate Kyra said some words as well. Griffith took post and said his share, as did a handful of other people. The second to last person to say some words was a girl by the name of Ariadne.

            Ariadne stood a few inches taller than Sara herself, with long straightened light brown hair that stretched to the bottom of her shoulder blades. She was a beautiful girl, an innocent beauty, one of the young of heart it would seem. She was a tanned girl, some would even say she who looked somewhat thin and fragile, but the body she maintained proved otherwise. Dressed in a pair of brown name brand outdoor boots, khaki colored cargo pants and black t-shirt and a black pull over sweater, the curves of her body were clear, and the sportiness of her personality was ever present.

            “Cross Senior was like a father to all, whether he knew you personally or not, and his name will one day be legend alongside our few others. He was a defender of our kind, as well as a defender of man, and he lived a life true to his heart, the way we all should. He will always be in our hearts, and his murder shall not go unpunished.” She began and ended just as quickly. She removed herself from the front by the coffin, as applause sounded through the crowd and disappeared amongst it.

            “Who was that?” Sara asked aloud to herself, not really intending for anyone to hear. This was one of the few moments she stood alone amongst the crowd, though never too far from someone who was watching her back. Cyndi and Rafael were in conversation with Judge Tidus and his mate Kyra. It seemed that people from the East Coast were rather fond of each other as well closer to each other than members of other packs.

            “Little, if any is known of Huntress Ariadne,” Esuri stepped to Sara’s side, after having overheard her aloud thoughts.  “She’s the most difficult Justice to establish communication with and only ever arises for the most complex cases.”

            “She’s a Huntress?” Sara asked, having never really seen one before. In truth, Sara had expected someone who looked more hardened, perhaps a seasoned warrior, or someone who looked more professional, not someone who dressed in what Sara herself probably would’ve worn on a regular day.

            “Yes, and her title the Death Dealer was granted to her for a reason. A Huntress or Hunter for their male counterparts, is a level of authority higher than both the Justices and the Wardens, and it’s no wonder you’ve never heard of them, there have only been two ever in existence, Wolf himself, and then Ariadne. They hunt the deadliest wolves, whoever and wherever they may be, and take them out, as is their job to do so, Kings and Queens have fallen to Hunters all the same as your regular low rank werewolf, they bring peace where it is deemed necessary.” Esuri commented as the two stood together amongst the crowd. Many a number of important wolves had come to pay their respects, some two hundred of the most renowned ones to be exact, and yet Sara knew only but a handful.

            “Can I ask you something?” Sara asked permission of Esuri, who had the reputation of sharing very few wor0ds with anyone. She had looked almost fully recovered from the voice that had pierced the minds of everyone here, when at the time she had looked more frightened than Sara seen her.