Chapter 13

Agent Smecker found out whose finger it was. And it came out to be Rocco's finger the one he lost between gun battle he had alongside the brothers. Agent Smecker called the police and needed the names on the visitor's list. She said David Della Rocco.

Smecker left his room and went to a gay bar that night, he ordered drinks after drinks and he got drunk.

Street In Front Of Church Early Morning & In Front Of The Gay Bar

As Rocco pulls Vincenzo's car to the curb and the brother's exit the car.

"Hey! We gotta talk about this early morning church shit." Rocco said

"We have to go now. We're on the lamb." Murphy said

Rocco drives away. Rocco then exits a package store just down the street. He's opening a new pack of cigarettes. And surprised to see Agent Smecker at the other end of the block. He follows him down the street. He followed Agent Smecker inside the church.

Inside The Church Early Morning

Connor's P.O.V

As Murphy and I are at prayer in the back of the church, it's mostly empty because it's early hour. I look up and see Agent Smecker and Rocco up in the front. I get up and walk up and I don't bother my brother from praying. I saw Agent Smecker walk in the far left booth, I saw that Rocco saw a priest coming and shoves him inside the confession booth closes the door behind them. I quickened my pace and I go in the next booth on the right.

I hear Rocco talking to the priest, I began furiously work my fingers through the lattice work to open the slider to the priest's booth from the side. I manage to get the slider open, I snag a piece of Rocco's hair and pull him back hard and fast until his head slams into the lattice work. I grab a nice wad of Rocco's hair with my left hand so that the side of his face is now pressed to the lattice. I put my gun to Rocco's head.

"You little fuck. Let him go. I'll drop you right here." I said

"Okay just calm down. He could hurt us, brother. He could ruin the whole thing." Rocco said

"Let him go or I will deliver you, right now." I said pulling the hammer to my gun back

All of sudden I hear Agent Smecker wake up. He talks to the priest. I hear the priest ask him if he believes, and he feels. And a soul that gives you feelings. Me and Rocco show our individual looks of surprise. The conversation between the priest and Agent Smecker goes on.

I heard the priest say if we would harm an innocent man for any reason. The priest told Agent Smecker told him to do what he felt was right. By saying that the laws of god are higher than the laws of men. Also the priest ask for forgiveness.

Suddenly Agent Smecker leaves and I let go of Rocco and leave outside. I was met by Rocco and my brother outside. I slap him in the back of the head and kick him in the ass.

We left the church and headed to the phone booth.

"That's all you can give me?" Smecker said over the phone.

"Well the light caught the side of his face for a second. And it looked like he had a grey beard, maybe...late fifties, early sixties." I said

So you're telling me it was one guy with six guns? A-and he was a senior fucking citizen?" Smecker said

"I think it's better if we find this man before he finds us again." I said

"I'll see what I can do. How do I get in touch with you?" Smecker said

"We're going to hit up Poppa Joe tonight, right in the comfort of his own home. Then we move on to New York. It's getting a bit hot for us here." Connor said