Chapter 6: Magical Ball

I was lying on my bed; listening to the sound of Sam playing the guitar at the lawn when i heard a knock at the door. 

I sighed and sat on my bed; tidying my hair. "Come in.'' i said. Then 3 lady-in-waiting came in. "Shall we prepare Your Highness for the Ball?" they said; in unison. 

"Oh, never mind. I could get by myself." i said; smiling. "But Her Highness insist." A pale blonde lady-in-waiting said.

I sighed. "She always insist. Well, okay then." i said. I found out that the name of the 3 ladies-in-waiting are Coral, Emmalee and Lara.

Lara was sitting behind me; combing my hair. She told me that she wanted to do my hair into a bun, but i didn't want my hair to be bunned. I love my hair natural.

After Lara had finished with my hair, Emmalee helped me with the red gown. It suited my black hair and blue eyes. 

Coral had pick out a suitable heels. It was a red high heels peep-toe. I loved it. We found it in my big closet room.

"You look pretty, Your Highness." Coral said;smiling broadly. I smiled back. "Please, just Angel." i said; patting her hand. 

Coral nodded and curtsied before going out of my room. I smiled at my own reflection. 

I took out my simple heart-shaped necklace Sam gave to me and wore it. I also wore a pair of red droplet-shaped earrings Antonio gave to me for my birthday that i had eyed at a mall.

I looked out of my bedroom door and saw LucieAnna, Mica and Sophie walking towards my room. They looked amazing. Sophie was wearing her purple gown, Mica in her pink gown and LucieAnna in her bedroom green gown. 

They looked inhumanly beautiful. "You look gorgeous." My sister said; hugging me. I smiled. "You too. You all look amazing." i said; giggling.

We started giggling like crazy for no reason; and it was only because we were excited. "C'mon. Everyone had already arrived at the ballroom." Mica said. 

We walked down the long hallway and arrived at the ballroom. Before we enter the ballroom, we wore our masks. It was a masquerade ball. 

No one would ever know who's who. It was Antonio's idea. My mom was amazed by his idea.

Everyone was wearing masks of every shapes,sizes and colors. The others went inside first before me. And i could hear everyone 'ooh' and 'aahh'. 

I took a deep breathe and entered. Everyone was looking at me. I could see Antonio looking up at me; his mask was blue and outlined with black. He told me before he'd gone.

I went down the stairs and it was silent. 

"Pretty."

"Beautiful."

"Is that Princess Angel?"

"She looks amazing."

I heard everyone whispering. I blushed and smiled to everyone. Then, the music started playing waltz.

A boy came up to me; his hair brown that looks almost black. "May i have this dance?" he said; bowing and holding out his hand.  

He was wearing a black hat and a black mask. We started dancing waltz.

I laughed everytime i got tripped accidentally. Seriously, i'm not good in waltz.

"I love you, Sam." i whispered to him. He gasped. "You knew it was me?" he said.

"Why shouldn't i? I peeked into your room when you were out at the lawn and saw your clothes on the bed. You put your hat on the bed."i smiled.

"I knew i shouldn't put those on my bed." he said; sighing. I giggled.

"May i?" Antonio said; appearing beside us. Sam smiled and nodded and went to dance with one of the faerie queens. I stiffled in a laugh. 

"You look gorgeous." he said; grinning. I smiled and spontaneously curtsied.

"I'm going to regret to see you marry." he said; teasing. I punched his shoulder.

"Whatever." i said. I spun and stopped as i face Antonio again.

"So, do you like Alyce?I thought you were with LucieAnna." i said.

"Nah, i just did that as symbol of thank you." he whispered.

"If you ever, even once, cheated on my sister, i'm going to kill you." i said.

"No, i guarantee you she won't be cheated on by me. I-," he started to say but blushed.

"You what?" i said; looking at him; confused.

"I will propose her tonight." he said.

My mouth popped open. I jumped  and giggled like crazy. I looked at LucieAnna who was dancing with our father. 

She was looking at me; confused. I just gave her a smile.

"Shh, don't tell her yet. It's going to be at midnight." Antonio said.

"Ohmigod! My sister is soo soo lucky!" i said; still jumping. Thank God it's a fast song, or people will see me as crazy jumping in a slow song. 

"Go get her." i said to Antonio. "I will." he said and stopped dancing and walked to LucieAnna. God, my sister is so lucky.

"Angel." Lucie said and hugged me. "Luce. Come, dance with me." i said.

We started spinning; holding hands. We laughed like crazy. Lucie's long name was LucieMarie and my big sister is LucieAnna.

LucieMarie was wearing  a cream short dress. We stopped dancing when the song changed into a slow-rhythm one.

A buff guy who was wearing a green mask outlined with white came up to me. "Dance with me." he said.

I was confused. "Okay." I said. We started dancing slowly. Then, i caught his scent. It was warm and earthly and natural.

"You look pretty tonight , Your Highness." he said.

"Why thank you." i said; smiling.

"May i have everyone's attention?" i heard my mom said on the stage. We all looked up towards her.

"I am up here, to announce an engagement." she said; smiling broadly.

Sam looked at me shocked. Jacob's face was shocked. I gasped and looked frantically at my mom.

"An engagement of Antonio and LucieAnna!" she said. I sighed in relief and hugged my sister; who was curtsying to everyone who was rooting for her. 

"When did he proposed you?" i said; jumping with her. "During us dancing." she said; grinning.

"Congrats, Luce!" i said. LucieMarie came up to us and we continued jumping happily.

"Congrats Anna." Sam said, coming up to us and put his arm around me. "Thank you." she said; smiling.

"You know, someday me and Angel are going to be married.'' he said suddenly.

I looked down to the floor; blushing. LucieAnna and LucieMarie were laughing like crazy.