Chapter 7: The Confrontation

After the Ball finished, it was already 2 a.m after midnight. I closed the door and throw my body onto my bed. It felt comfy. I sighed. 

I had fun tonight, i thought. Someday me and Angel are gonna get married. I blushed, going over and over the words again. The words hung around the room like a song. 

I sighed and stood up and went into my closet room and changed into my shorts and t-shirt. 

I slept soundly, dreaming about Sam again.

                                                                            *

The next morning:

I opened my eyes; trying to orient myself. I realised i was at Magica. I sighed and sat up. The windows and curtains were opened.

"Good morning,um,Angelica.'' Lara said; entering my room and still trying to get used to calling my name. 

She came in with a tray of breakfast. "Thank you, Lara." i said; smiling and started eating.

I noticed an envelope. I opened it and read it. Lara was combing my messed-up hair behind me. She was officially my best friend now, even thought she's a lady-in-waiting.

Angel,

Meet me at my room after you had gotten ready. 

Jacob Winter.

I sighed. Lara had finished with my hair. "I'm going to go take a bath." i said; standing up after putting the tray on the bedside table.

"Dress, shorts or jeans?" Lara asked; standing up the same time i did.  "Floral dress, cardigan and tights." i said.

She curtsied and went into the room in search of the best floral dress. 

I soaked myself in the tub; relaxing myself. I sighed. After i had done and got myself cleaned up, i went out of the bathroom and got Lara to dress me up.

I combed my hair; taking my time. I went out of my room and walked down the hall to Jacob's room.

I knocked on the door of his room. He opened it and smiled at me. "Let's go?'' he said; motioning down to the staircase. I nodded.

We went downstairs and to the throne of the king and queen. My mother was at the huge dining table, eating breakfast.

I walked up towards her with Jacob following closely behind me.

"Mother." i said; curtsying and sat down on a chair across from my parents. "Angel.Jacob." they said; smiling.

"Did you did what i told you to?" Mother said. I shook my head. "Mother, both of us are in love with different people, h-how are we to bethroth? I do not want to be bethroth.Please mother." i said; looking down at the table.

My eyes felt teary. I couldn't take it. I stood up and ran out of the castle into the lawn. I sat at the swing and literally cried my heart out.

"Honey. Don't cry." i heard my mom say as she sat down beside me and pulled me into a hug.I tried to get out of the hug but mother just tighten up. 

"You don't have to be bethrothed. It's okay. I won't be mad. Please, don't cry." she said; loosening her grip on me and kissed my forehead.

"I love you, mother." i said; hugging her and letting happy tears out.