Chapter 11

││For @nefariously__ for the sweet message she dropped! ││

The first thing I noticed after coming back home from the Tanners' is the discreet mumbling in some corner of the house.

Now, this would be completely normal for any other person, coming home to whispering.

But, you see. Our house, or mansion more like, is pretty much an open place. Everybody talks, like they talk, and it can be heard all over the place, whispering or not.

So, who on earth is stupid enough to do this?

I padded on the balls of my foot to the far corner of the lobby by the kitchen doors, seeing the one and only Chace on the phone.

Ha, who else?

So, like every other time, I decided to eavesdrop on him, hoping to get some gigs on him.

"No, no. You can't come over here! I'll meet you, in like, five. You know the place? Just take a left from where you are now and go straight ahead until you see a teal Porsche." Chace was saying.

What's this? Does the badboy actually have a secret? Oh, damn.

And a girl? He's meeting a girl? Well, duh, why else can't he bring that person over?

"Kay, meet you there." Chace ended the phone and turned around to face the incredible....me.

"Hey, babe." I fluttered my lashes at him.

"What'd you want, Alaric?" Chace narrowed his grey eyes at me with a frown. Whoa, that's new.

"What, we're on last-name basis now? Okay, Davidson. What crawled up your pants? A penis?" I joked poorly, in an attempt to ease the tension. I knew why he was mad.

It was still because of what happened at detention, of course. But Jesus, why hold a grudge for that? Not like we're actually a couple. I snorted internally at the fact.

Despite him being mad at me, he cracks a tiny hint of a smile at my lame-ass joke and I can't help but feel proud.

"Out of the way, Alaric." Chace shook his head at me before trying to leave.

Keyword, trying to.

I Held my arms across my sides, preventing him from leaving.

"Whoa, there, buddy. Slow down." I smirk at him.

"Blair, let me leave." He huffs out, clearly annoyed. Well, whoever he must be meeting must be pretty important if he's this persistent. It's the first time I've seen him not-amused. He's literally happy-g0-lucky amused all the freaking time, it's even creepy.

But annoyed Chace is creepier-and a tad bit hotter. As twisted as that sounds.

"So, Chace...who's the girl?" I smirked again, in a knowing tone, trying to sound nonchalant while actually blackmailing him.

Hah, he might actually leave me and my picture alone if I blackmail him on this.

"Girl?" He has the audacity to sound surprised.

"Yes, the one you were on the phone with. Somebody you can't bring home, yeah? Wait till your mom knows this!" I exclaim overly excited.

"Whoa, there!" Chace chuckled lightly and grabbed my wrists. I gave him a questioning look.

"Whoever said it's a girl?" He asked amusedly. I widened my eyes in bewilderment. Was he gay?

I had nothing against gay people, but what the hell? He was the last person on Earth I could think of ever being gay.