Part Fourteen

My other three stories have also been uploaded. Check those ou tif you want!

-Aphie❀

Schuyler's POV

Tears sprang to my eyes as he said those words. Two words. Those two words rang through my ears like a bell.

"We have a...home?" Kay's voice cracked. I held her hand tighter, not yet willing to let go.

I wasn't used to not having a home. My parents, my brother, they were only just...killed. But I was used to my home filled with the laughter of my mom, dad, and kid brother. I wasn't used to not having them around.

Another memory smacked me in the face. I watched in horror as the replica of Amirf ought so many people he looked overwhelmed, when a beautiful woman, who looked suspiciously like me, joined him in fighting, winning with a ferocity that could only be explained as a mother protecting her children. The most horrible thing might've been the fact that she decapitated them with pure ease, seeming unfazed.

"Schuyler?" Kay asked. "What is it?"

"Right now," the man who I remembered to be Cecil said, "memories of her past will be flooding into her brain. Sometimes it might feel overwhelming, but trust me, you need those lost memories. And don't worry, we're all here to help." I looked around me at all the people I didn't realize were there until just now.

"Abner! I didn't know you were here!" I jumped up, not realizing how fast I was, and threw my arms around his neck.

He laughed and returned the hug. "Hello, Schuyler, I've missed you. Why don't you introduce us to your friend?"

I smiled and pulled away, sitting back next to Kay and took her hand.

"This is Kattie-laness, but everyone calls her Kay for short."

"You mean everyone calls me Kay because you'll kick anyone who calls me Kattie-laness in the ass. 'Give 'em a boot in the ass crack' is what you always said."

I laughed, thinking of why she would remember that. "Yeah...Kay this is...everyone. I don't really remember him..." I said pointing at Markus, "but this is Cecil, Abner, Edward, and my brother, Amir. Er...sorry, I mean Lord Cecil, Lord Abner,--"

"Please, not the Lord. You know how much I hate that," Abner said shaking his head. Smiling, he pointed at Markus. "This is my son, Markus."

"Abner! When did you get a son?!" He cracked up laughing, and I folded my arms.

"Schuyler, he's adopted. My wife and I aren't able to have kids," he said, "however, I did need an heir. He'll tell you the story of his arravial if he wishes."

I realized I was dying to ask a question that had been in my mind since I was kidnapped.

"Who?" I said, looking at mine and Kay's hands.

"'Who' what?" Amir asked, and when I heard his voice, I realized I missed it. Bad.

"Who killed them?" I took a deep breath to calm myself. The smell of vanilla and cinnimon filled my nose and calmed my brain, and I realized that was what kind of perfume Kay always wore. Then I smelled pine and rosewood. That was Amir. He was second closest, but I was sure it was him because it was so fimiliar.

"Do you remember, Skye? Who came to our house that day? And ruined our lives forever?"

"I...Kind of..."

"It was them. It was the other Council, Skye, The Council of Hunters."

"They were making a statement, Skye, I-"