Part Fifteen

Recap:

I opened the closest door next to me and went in, shutting the door behind me.

Oh.

My.

Damn.

"Holy shit!"

"I got that part already, Kay."

"Right....."

Schuyler's POV

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit!

"Um....Kay?"

"Yeah, Sky?"

"How in the hell are we going to get out of this?"

"Beats me..." She said shrugging.

"We are going to gt out of this...right?"

"Uh...sure?"

"Actually..." an unfamiliar voice said from in front of us, "you aren't." Chuckles erupted from all within the room. There were dozens of them. Dozens of them lounging around the small room just like the three who tried to take Kay and I.

"I'm surprised you've infultrated the...whatever we're in right now....and you were right under everybody's noses the whole time...am I right?"

"Smart girl!"

"How many of you are there? 80? Um...94, it looks like...Kay? How many do you think I can take?"

"Not sure. Not all of them, caertainly! We can run. You're much faster than everybody else for some reason."

"You know...I would disobey, but I'm too tired to not run... Time to go!"

I sprinted backwards, pulling Kay with me.

I was still dragging her with me until she seemed uncomfortable so I slung her around. She landed on my back with ease, and I just kept running. I had to warn Amir that they’d infiltrated already. The question was...where the hell was he?

If I concentrated really hard, I could hear light footsteps behind me. I sped up, desperately not wanting to get caught by them. This place was like a maze! Every where I turned, I expected to find some way to get to Amir and the others, like a sign somewhere, but after each turn, all I found was more endless hallways. When, finally, I couldn’t take it anymore, I stopped and found a closet to hide in. I put Kay down and jumped into the first door I could find, knowing what happened last time, I was relieved to find this actually was a real closet filled with nothing.

We took a moment to catch our breath and sat down, wondering what the hell we were going to do now. The next I remember is just thinking that they’d all burn in hell.

“Sky, what the hell?” I opened my eyes to see a different light in the small closet. It was the glow from a fire. I looked around and realized that the only things on fire were my hands. But it didn’t burn at all. The fire was just sitting on my hands. I tried waving my hands really fast to see if it would go away, but it wouldn’t. It only went away because I thought of multiple ways of putting it out. I was flipping my hands over and over when I heard Kay’s voice.

“Sky?”

I moved my eyes away from my hands to look over at Kay...