Missions

Maddy moved calmly to open the last of the cages as Charmander made short work of the brutes who were sent to stop them. Evidently they didn't know Maddy was there, for they never sent anything but they're best men.

"They're losing their grip." Maddy mused to Charmander. "You lead them to the escape truck, I'll clean up here."

Charmander gave a brave reply and called to the other Pokemon, leading them to the van where Maddy's partner, Matt, waited.

"Alrighty then." Maddy said to herself, sitting down on one of the super computers. "Is there anyone else here?" Maddy quickly scanned the building, already having mastered the computer's workings.

She found no other holding cells, and thus abandon her search. She glanced once more around the room to make sure no Pokemon was left behind, then ran for the window Charmander and the other Pokemon had left through.

As it turned out, Team Plasma was not as asleep as Maddy thought. As she rushed to help the injured Pokemon load into the truck, several soldiers came running from the building, already wearing their uniforms.

"Alright Charmander!" Maddy said, grinning at her closest friend. "Flame thrower, now!"

Charmander was Maddy's first Pokemon, but had a disorder that made it near impossible to evolve. Never the less, Charmander was the most powerful Pokemon on Maddy's team. He let out a blast of flames that could met solid rock, and the Team Plasma members jumped back, trapped by a wall of flame.

Once Charmander was satisfied they could not follow, he turned and hopped onto the already moving vehicle, right into Maddy's arms. Maddy laughed and hugged him tightly, celebrating yet another success.

~ ~ ~

Ash did not often visit Regions he had already been to, but his friend Iris wanted him to be in the dragon parade at her home town. He had brought most of his other friends along, Misty, Brock, Cilan, Dawn, and May, who all needed a vacation.

In fact, there was one other person in the Univa region Ash wanted to see again, but doubted he would have the chance. The last times he had run into N were purely by accident.

"Ash, the elder wants you to sit at the head of the table for dinner tonight- Ash?" Iris asked, coming into the room Ash rested in.

"I'm just thinking about N. He would love the festival." Ash said wistfully.

"Yeah, I bet he would." Iris said. "But now's not the time, we'll find him after the parade." Iris new why Ash wanted to see N again. They had so many similar ideals about Pokemon.

"Alright, I'm starving!" Ash said, back to his usual happy self in seconds.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said from his shoulder as he dashed from the room.

Iris sighed. "What a kid." She said before following him.

~ ~ ~

N had made contact with professor Juniper, who told N Ash was in the town of dragons. Now he was on his way there. He wondered if Ash new anything about this 'rebellion' or if he was indeed clueless he had a sister.

N had so many questions. Who is Maddy, really? What is she rebelling against? How are Pokemon tied up in all of this? How could Ash know nothing?

N knew his questions could only be answered by one person. The mysterious Maddy Ketchum.

~ ~ ~

"Mr. Issac will see you now, Maddy." Lily, the secretary told Maddy, who sat and waited for her father to call her into his office. They hardly ever spoke casually, but Issac was the head of the Pokemon Underground, and Maddy was one of his best commanding officers, a general in their ranks at only 15 years old. They did get to speak often, but not as much as Maddy would have preferred.

"Alright." Maddy sighed, getting to her feet. She wore brown pants, a blue shirt and a white jacket with a silky white scarf. She had a large satchel which she called her 'saddle bag' and held all of her Pokemon. Trainers in the underground didn't go though a professor.

In fact, Maddy only caught Pokemon who wanted to team up with her. Charmander and herself had took turns saving each other when they first met, being her closest friend and first Pokemon.

She pushed open the door and sat in a chair in front of the desk. On the other side, Issac sat formally, wearing a proud smile. "I hear you've had another success." Issac started.

Maddy sighed. No 'hello, how are you?'. No 'are you comfortable' 'would you like some tea?'. Maddy ignored it, though. She knew her and her father could never have an idea relationship. She nodded at his statement and spoke carefully. "It wasn't the hardest job. You sent me to sneak into a weaker base and free some hardly hurt Pokemon who hadn't be tested yet."

"True." Issac mused. "I'm afraid I couldn't, and still can't, send you on another long term rescue mission. I need you for a bigger task."

Maddy considered his words in confusion. Judging from his tone and decisions, this wasn't a task he would in trust to just any general. No, this was personal, a job for his daughter, not his general. "What's the mission?" She finally asked.

"I need you to locate your brother." Issac said. "The experiment is over. Results are yet to be determined. It's time we involved Ash in the problems of the Pokemon Underground, in our war."

~ ~ ~

"Ash." The word was quiet, as not to alert many people. The parade was over, and the feast had begone. N had snuck into the party to speak with Ash.

"N, where have you been?" Ash asked excitedly. "I've had the craziest adventures, I-"

"Ash, this is serious." N interrupted. "I have news. Big news. I don't fully understand it, and I don't think I like it."

"What happened? Team Plasma is making another major move?" Ash asked.

"No, it's not them." N said. "Though I did get this information off one of their computers. What do you know about the Pokemon Underground?"

"Pokemon Underground?" Ash repeated. "Never heard of it. Why, what is it?"

"I'm not entirely sure." N said, frowning. "But I learned something about your family." Ash waited as N pulled out the flash drive. "It's all on here. Ash, you have a sister."