Chapter Four

I just wanted to thank everyone who is taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate it and I hope you are enjoying reading it as much as I am writing it. Enjoy the new chapter!! Luv Maddie.

Photo is of Alaric Saltzman, who is portrayed by Matt Davis.

Chapter Four

Stefan

I woke up to the sound of Caroline yelling at me to quote, 'get my lazy ass up'. Remind me why she's my best friend again. This is the second day in a row that someone has woken me up, and not let me sleep. If it happens again, I will not be happy.

"Caroline, please. Let me sleep. I'm tired." I wasn't actually that tired, but if I got up, it was like giving everyone an open invitation to invade my personal space and wake me up every other morning. I definitely did not want that.

"Fine, I guess you don't wanna hear that I just saw Mr Hunky McHandsome looking rather fine outside the Mystic Grill on my way over here." She replied in a teasing, sing-song voice. I almost didn't register what she had said, but then it hit me. Drew. I was up and in the shower in less than one second flat. Maybe I was too eager, and I know Caroline was going to make fun of me for this for the rest of my existence, but I couldn't help it. I had this overwhelming urge to see him again. I was itching to. I was in way over my head with this, and it would probably end really badly, but I owed it to myself to try to see where this went. I obviously wasn't going to feel like this again anytime soon, considering this was the first time feelings as intense as this were experienced, might as well roll with it. The only thing that was remotely stopping me from being okay with these feelings was my brother. I didn't know how he would react or feel about it, so I made the decision to just not tell him. I didn't know everything that was going on in his life, so he didn't need to know what was going on in mine, not that he cared. I wasn't doing this for him anyway; I was doing it for me. I just knew that this was something special, maybe finally I could be happy with someone that wouldn't dump me for my brother.

I finished my shower, wrapped a towel around my waist and walked back into my room. I had forgotten that Caroline was still here from my haste to get up and have a shower, so I was surprised to see her sitting on my bed, waiting for me. I made my way over to my drawers to pick something out to wear.

"Mr Hunky Drew is one lucky man, whew, he's gonna have a hard time keeping his paws off you. Why do all the hot, nice guys turn out to be gay?" She went on. To be honest I wasn't entirely paying attention. I was too busy freaking out over deciding what to wear. What the hell is wrong with me? I have never freaked out over something as petty as the clothes I had on. This better work out.

"Can you stop ranting and help me, please?" I asked her, she would know what to do, besides she told me herself yesterday that she always wanted a gay best friend.

"Oh, and I'm not gay, I told you this guy is the only one I have ever been remotely attracted to."

"Sure, sure, whatever you say Stef." She came over to me and picked out a shirt that she said made my eyes 'pop'. God, why do I do this to myself? It was a dark green V-neck, and I put a dark grey shirt over the top, but didn't do it up. She also picked out a pair of dark blue jeans, I didn't care about the shoes, and I just put on the first pair I saw. She then went into the bathroom and came back with a comb and walked right in front of my face and pushed me on the bed.

"Um, Caroline? What are you doing?" I was slightly scared.

"Oh, come on, Stefan. I'm not going to do anything. God, stop being so antsy and let me comb your hair. You need to look perfect." She then proceeded with combing my hair, until it looked, as Caroline said, "Fabulous." I hadn't paid this much attention to my appearance, ever. But I predict it was worth it, if I impressed Drew. Urrgghh, when did my life revolve around looking good and impressing a guy I just met.