Chapter Thirteen

Photo above is of the incredibly beautiful Paul Wesley, who plays Stefan Salvatore.

Chapter Thirteen

Drew

We've been on the road for about an hour now, just getting to know each other, talking about our lives to each other, engaging in small talk.

Usually I don't like small talk, it's a hassle and quite useless when you know you're never going to see their face ever again. But this time it's different. I actually wanted to get to know Stefan. I wanted to know every single detail about him, about his life, his habits, his likes and dislikes, and in turn he would learn about mine. I wanted to discover things about him that even he doesn't know, and I especially would like to know more about what sounds he makes when he's aroused.

Off topic. Okay, deep breath and focus on the road, you idiot. I needed my mind to stop wandering. If I start to remember that particular incident at Angela's, then I was going to get a raging boner which wouldn't be very helpful when I'm stuck in a car, still with another hour to go until we reach Whitmore with the very same man who was at fault of causing said boner.

Alright, where was I? Getting to know each other. Right.

I'd already learnt so much about him. His favourite colour, favourite genre of music, favourite artist, favourite movie, that he loves to read. I know that he can cook, information in which was very helpful considering that I only knew how to make approximately five dishes, if you can even call them that; toast, pasta, a very tasty sandwich, coffee, and my family's famous chilli, which my mom taught me when I was eighteen because she told me that even though I was gay, I still needed to know how to cook one edible thing in order to impress future boyfriends, otherwise I was going to end up alone. Her words, not mine. I guess I'm lucky that the guy I'm falling for is able to cook. A relief actually.

I knew that I was already falling for him. It was inevitable, and I knew from the moment he fell on top of me outside the grill that it was going to happen. It was probably way too fast, but who cares? Who wouldn't fall for this man? You would have to be blind and deaf, or even dead not to.

He was the cutest, kindest, sexiest, loving man I had ever met, as well as being intense, compassionate, intelligent, empathetic, sarcastic and brooding, which would usually turn me off but it made him even more attractive in my eyes. The empathy, compassion and intelligence radiated off of him, just being in his presence made me want to be a better man. For him. There were no faults to this man sitting beside me. I would forever be indebted to my brother for allowing me the opportunity to meet him, which to be honest was partly the reason that I forgave him so easily.

It had been silent for a few minutes and being so close to him wasn't enough, I needed physical contact.

I reached over to him, placing my hand on his knee and giving it a comforting squeeze. I looked to see if he was uncomfortable with it, because is he wasn't then I would pull it back. He didn't, in fact he gave me a heart-warming smile which should be illegal, especially while driving, and covered my hand with his own.

A couple minutes after that, we were discussing his weird relationship with Caroline, and how she was his ex's best friend, then became his best friend, and how she developed feelings for him and he for her. It was all very confusing and kind of ridiculous, especially since they all still remained friends. That's how you know you were meant to be in each other's lives in some way, because you don't let your previous feelings for them get in the way of your friendship, even after you break up. They must have really loved each other.

I will admit that I got a little jealous when he was talking about them both, but I quickly forgot about that when he told me that his first ex, Elena, had died tragically a few months earlier.