The Schedule

Early Monday morning on October 3rd, 2015, Trinity is called in by the Principle of Blackwood University. Under the assumption she might have done something wrong, Trinity's mind throbs with questions. What did I do? Am I being kicked out? Did I not pay my intuition? She finds her way to the main hall and approaches the Principle's office with caution.

Trinity reaches for the doorknob but stops mid air as it turned carefully on its own. And there she stood face to face with the headmaster of Blackwood University.

"Ah, Ms. Jones," Principle Wallace spoke through a subtle grin, "I was just about to ask the secretary if you were on your way." He holds the door open for her and offers her in. She was unable to ask any questions due to her nerves, and she takes a seat in the cowskinned smooth leather chair just across Mr. Wallace's desk.

Deep breaths, she encouraged through her conscious, deep...breaths.

Mr. Wallace reached into his desk drawer and extracted a binder, silk bathed in the color of maroon, her eyes beaming the binder with intimidation. The look on Trinity's face had panic and despair written across her forehead. Mr. Wallace gave Trinity another smug grin as he opened the binder. "You're not in trouble, Ms. Jones," he slipped a sheet of paper out of the pocket of the binder, handed it to her and continued, "we had to switch your classes a bit due to the population increase this year here on campus. You are one of our best and smartests students, so we switched you into an honor class." Trinity received the paper with her new schedule imprinted on it. "English literature?" Trinity questioned as she stares blankely at the class label. Principle Wallace gave her a slight nod and said, "It's more like a writing class. We've seen some of your work, we thought this was better for you. And your teacher is brand new to our campus so greet him kindly."

After Trinity's nod in agreement, Principle Wallace dismissed her, and sent her on her way to her new course.