Chapter 38

Lilly's P.O.V :

I woke up from my nap feeling refreshed and hoped out of bed looking for Aman. I saw him talking to someone in the balcony. His voice sounded a little upset. I slowly walked near the balcony door and I could hear him talk. I figured out he was talking with Yash and there seemed to be some problem he was discussing about.

"I know man, I get it, London had better options. But I need to get my projects to L.A. You don't get it", he spoke over phone and I had that sinking feeling again. Jaz was right, there were much better options for him in London and he was shifting to L.A for me.

I went back and sat on my bed still trying to digest the way the truth of the situation was unraveling in my mind.

I heard Aman walk into the living room and sit on the couch. I walked up to him and sat down beside him. "Everything alright babe?", I asked and placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked really stressed and I had never seen him like this before. It broke my heart to think I might be the reason for it all.

"I am fine, just some work related stuff. How are you feeling?", he asked. It warmed my heart to see how in such stressful situation he still cared about my health.

"I am feeling really good. You look stressed, are you sure there is nothing you want to talk to me about?", I asked, hoping he would tell me at least something by himself.

"No babe, they are just minor problems. Come lets have some lunch together", he said and got up.

We had lunch and Aman spoke about everything in the world except about his art. This was a first. He would always bring up his art in his talks and I would love to watch his eyes sparkle when he spoke about his passion. Now he looked stressed and for the first time I felt he was avoiding the topic of his work.

He was washing the dishes and I was wiping the washed plates in the kitchen. "Aman... I want to tell you something", I said.

"Yes love, go on", he said still washing the dishes.

"Umm... you don't have to shift to L.A, I mean.. There is no hurry we can think about it...", i said carefully weighing my words.

He stopped washing the dishes and turned towards me. "You don't want me here with you?", he asked with a puzzled expression.

"No no.. Not like that... Its just... You have a good base in London and your business is doing well there..", I was cut mid sentence when he approached me and cupped my face.

"Don't worry Lill, I will work it out. And I have a huge company I am counting on to do my project with, I am just waiting for their confirmation", he smiled, "I love this place, and you are here with me, I need everything I have right here", he said and leaned in to kiss me. I draped my arms around him and kissed him back. I felt so much better. I then pulled away from the kiss but still held on to him and rested my head against his chest.

"I love you Lill", he whispered.

"I love you too", I said and my eyes welled up. I was overwhelmed with a lot of emotions and it was hard for me to figure out what was going on, and what I should do.

After the little sentimental moment I went back to my room. I sat on the bed and was responding to my mails when Aman came and sat with me with his Laptop and was doing some work. I would usually work in my work area, but today I felt a little lazy and stayed working from my bed.

It had been two hours we were still working when Aman got up and went to take a shower. He was gone two minutes when I head a notification tone form his laptop. I looked up to see his mail was open and his inbox showed a mail from the company in L.A he had his hopes on.

I couldn't control my curiosity and opened the mail. The company had sent him a mail saying they were not going to work with him on the project. His project was rejected. My heart sank. He had been waiting for their confirmation and this company was his only hope.

I immediately closed the mail and marked it back to unread on the inbox and took Aman's phone. I unlocked it and searched for the contacts. I found Yash's number and dialed it on my phone. I needed to know a few things.

I hurried out to the balcony to talk to Yash, I had to do it before Aman was out of the shower. It rang a few times and finally someone answered. "Hello..", It was a girl's voice. "Hey, is this Yash's phone", I asked.

"Yeah who is this?", she asked. "Umm... Lilly..", I said.

"Oh... Yash is busy... You can convey his message to me", she asked sounding annoyed. I figured out it was Natasha.

"Hey Natasha, can you tell him to call me back sometime, I needed to talk to him about Aman", I said.

"Aren't you satisfied messing up your man's life now you want to ruin Yash's too?", she said and I got annoyed. "I am not messing up anyone's life. I need to talk to Yash can you plea..", she didn't let me finish. "Didn't Aman tell you that Yash has quit the job Lilly, he doesn't work for him anymore. So please, it would be a huge favor if you both stop bothering us", she said and hung up.

Yash quit the job?

I closed my eyes and took it all in. Aman has been going through so much yet he doesn't say a word to me...

"Hey you are here, I was looking for you", Aman said walking into the balcony. He looked at me and said, "Hey? What happened? Why are you crying Lill?".

I hadn't realized that tears were streaming down my face. I hugged him and buried myself in his arms.

"Shhh... babe.. Its going to be okay... Tell me what happened", He said rubbing my back and holding me tight.

I finally composed myself and pulled away. "What happened Lill?", he asked again, his voice had so much concern in it that my eyes welled up again looking at him. Why do you love me so damn much?

"Its just... work related... I have too much work to do I got overwhelmed", I lied. I knew I couldn't tell him the truth. He would never agree to it if I confronted him about the situation. He cared too much about me to change his decision now.

I think I know what I have to do....