Chapter 39

Aman's P.O.V :

I woke up pretty early today morning. To be frank, I hardly slept all night. I kept thinking about my decision to shift to L.A. For the first time I was starting to feel a little unsure about my choice. Yesterday night I had received a mail form the company I had all my hopes on and they had rejected my project. And the fact that Yash was no longer going to be shifting with me to L.A had got me all worried.

I got out of bed, freshened up, changed and came out for a walk to get some fresh air and clear my head. Lilly was still asleep so I left her a message that I would be back in an hour. I was walking on the street when I head someone call out behind me.

"INK!!!", someone yelled and I turned back to see who it was. It was rare that people recognized me here. A girl ran up to me, a familiar face. I suddenly recognized her. "Anna right?", I said. I remembered this girl, she was pretty famous singer on youtube and also one of my most loyal fans.

"Yesss", she said and we hugged. "Oh my God!! Have you shifted to L.A?", she asked.

"No No..", I said , I am planning to, I was now a little confused about it.

"Oh that would be great! You would love it here", she said all excited.

"I am not really sure about that, people aren't really welcoming to my art here so far", I joked.

"What do you mean?! I am sure you are going to the wrong people then", she laughed.

She then told me a bunch of places I could go try my projects with. She also gave me the number of a guy she said who could help me up with this search. I was so thankful to her. We exchanged numbers and I promised I would call her.

Once Anna and I parted I immediately called up Lilly to tell her I would not be home for lunch and went to check all the list of places that Anna had given me. I had only two more days until I would go back to London, I had to make it count. I was sure at least one of these companies would turn out to be awesome.

By late afternoon I had met four companies and three of them had given verbal agreement to my projects and told me they will mail me their confirmation by the next day. I was ecstatic. I wanted to go home and hug Lilly. It was due to her that I had decided to come to L.A and now I was getting so many new opportunities all lined up. I decided I would tell her once I got the confirmation mail from the companies.

I was on my way back home when I revived a text from Lilly

Lilly to Aman :
Please be home early in the evening. We will go out for dinner. My treat. XOXO

I smiled. We both needed a break after the crazy past few days. A nice dinner outside will do good to both of us.

Lilly's P.O.V :

I had messaged Aman to come early as I wanted to go out for dinner with him. All the recent events had made me realize that no matter what happens Aman would not think twice before sabotaging his career just to see me happy. And He would never agree to it or change his mind if I asked him to.

I didn't want to be the selfish person in the relationship. I had to make a decision. And I was working on it.

Aman came home sooner than I expected and I told him to get ready as we would go to some fancy place and have good food. He seemed to be in good spirits which had made me happy.

I showered and washed my hair, let it air dry while I selected a dress. He loved Yellow and I had a light straw-yellow dress that I had reserved for a special occasion so I decided I would wear it today.

It was a pretty delicate flowy dress with thin straps on the shoulders. I wore matching heels and little drops for earrings and a thin bracelet. I did a subtle make up to go with it and put on a hint of perfume which was Aman's favorite.

Aman came to the room all ready and looking handsome as ever.

"Wow...", he said walking up to me, "Just wow...".

I smiled, "You are looking so good baby", I said and kissed his cheek, "Lets go, we will be late". We were about to leave the house when I stopped him.

"Aman..", I said and held his hand. He turned around to face me, "I know it wont really go with your attire right now, but can you please wear this tonight", I said and opened my had in front of him to reveal a little 'Superman' badge.

"Aww... Lill...", he said and nodded. I put the badge on his suit and we then walked towards the car.

We reached the hotel, it was the same roof top hotel we had gone to on our very first date. I had booked a seat on the corner table with the best view.

We ordered our favorite food and wine. We talked about random stuff and made silly jokes. All the happy stuff that ever happened in our lives. Everything except for out careers and jobs. It was one of the best dinners in a long while.

On our way back I asked Aman to play some romantic song just like the last time we went on a date. I occasionally held his hand and smiled. He looked so happy and I took in each moment. I would never forget tonight. I wanted to have every moment of tonight imprinted in my mind, and his mind too.

We reached home and as Aman locked the door I took off my heels and sat down on the couch watching him as he sat down to remove his shoes.

He then stood up to remove his suit, "Wait Aman..", I got up to stop him,"let take a picture together", I said and took out my phone. He smiled and obliged. The pic came out really cute. I looked at it and suddenly sadness filled me up, I felt a tear trickle down my cheek.

"Hey what happened Lill?", he asked and wiped the tear with his finger. I looked at his deep brown eyes filled with concern.

"Nothing, just a little overwhelmed with love", I said and hugged him. He hugged me back, "Thanks for taking me out tonight Lill, it was magical", he said and kissed the top of my head.

I pulled away and smiled at him. "I will send you this pic", I said and started to operate my phone when he tried to snatch it away. "Hey we can do that later", he said.

"No no.. we wont have later", I said and immediately cursed myself for saying that.

"What??", he asked confused

"I mean,.. I will forget to send it later babe", I winked and pressed send, "Cz I will be too busy loving you", I said and tossed the phone on the couch and put my arms around his neck.

He smiled and I leaned in as I closed my eyes.. I felt his lips on mine and the world stopped spinning. I tilted my head and deepened the kiss as he slid his arms around my waist bringing me closer to him. I could feel a tear trickle down my cheek again.

I was too emotional, too much in love, In love with the man whose arms I was in right now, The man who would go above and beyond to see me happy, The man for whom I would do anything just to see him happy and successful...

...even at the cost of breaking both of our hearts...