13 | Room 2704

Sehun drove to the nearest 5-star hotel in his blown-out car, still terror-ridden by the incident. If anything, home was not the place to be right now. It was a little after three in the morning, the sky pitch black and lifeless.

Hoping against all odds that the front desk would still be operating, Sehun clambers out of the car and tends to Irene. He helps her onto the rocky ground outside the hotel entrance before checking her hastily, running his hands up and down her velvet-covered body.

"Is there any more glass on you?" he crouches, feeling for any shards that may have been left on her dress.

Irene merely looked at him. She could only think about the bone-chilling incident that fated them. "Why couldn't you just bring us back to your place?" she changes the subject.

"Irene, I couldn't," he argues, standing up to his feet. "It would've been too risky," said Sehun sternly. He turns from her and walks to the foyer alone.

Irene wraps herself up in his blazer before following behind him. As she stepped foot into the hotel, a gust of cool air blew against her body.

She found the nearest couch and plopped herself against it, feeling totally worn down.

"I hope you will forgive us for showing up at a time like this, but we really need a room tonight." Sehun pleaded with the front desk. "I'll take any room you've got. It's urgent."

The girl manning the desk was a fresh university graduate working on the night shift. "Uh– certainly." began the girl awkwardly. She looked a little unsettled, but proceeded to ask him, "Is it just yourself, Sir?"

"No, there's my partner too," he said, pointing to Irene who had dozed off on the sofa.

The young receptionist smiled, nodded, and turned to the computer in front of her. Her long fingernails tapped away on the keyboard. "May I have a look at your ID?"

"Yes, yes," Sehun bit his lip, searching fruitlessly for his identification card, but had no luck in retrieving it. "Just a moment," he told the girl, walking to the listless Irene.

Irene awakens to Sehun feeling up her torso. "I just need my ID." Irene positions herself upright to take off the item of clothing, but he stops her instantly. "Keep it on," he guessed she was feeling cold. "It looks good on you," he says with a smile.

Sliding his hands into the many pockets inside the blazer, he manages the retrieve the card. "Found it," he smiles, before proceeding back to the desk.

Irene's eyes wander over to him, then to the receptionist, and finally to the clock above the reception desk. It was nearly 4 AM now, yet for some reason, time didn't feel like it was moving at all for her.

Sehun soon advances towards Irene again and he sits down beside her on the plush sofa. "They're getting us a room, alright?" he assured her in a stoic manner.

"Please don't tell me you tried to get us a big fancy room."

His hand found its way down to hers and held onto it, giving it a squeeze. "No, why would do that?" he remarks, his lips curving into an innocent smile.

"Sir?" a voice called out moments later. "The biggest room available right now is Room 2704." the lady says, sliding the key card across the counter. "We'll get it set up for you both in no time."

Irene swerves her head around to look at him and raises a brow upon hearing the words the receptionist had to say. "Seriously?"

Sehun simply shrugged his shoulders.

-

The two were now up on the 27th floor, where Sehun had booked a room with a nightly rate that could have bought Irene the latest Mac and a set of new Bianchini markers.