14 | Deflowering

(This chapter contains mature scenes and terminology. Please read at your own discretion.)

Irene only managed to sleep for a good hour before waking up again. Despite having resolved many issues last night, her mind was not yet at peace.
She sits up and finger-combs her hair over to the other side, managing to get a glimpse of the man next to her as she did.

It appeared as though Sehun was sleeping very soundly tonight. His breath drew up and down in a steady rhythm, looking peaceful.

A part of her wishes that the bed was a bit smaller.
She craved his closeness – and at that moment, his warmth too. Their hotel room being the size that it was, was pretty chilly.

"So cold," she whispers to herself, rubbing her hands together and blowing on them. She looks down at her arms and sees raised goosebumps on her skin. She would've snuggled up next to Sehun, but she was more afraid of waking him up than anything. He was just as tired as she was last night, she knew that much.

She continues to sit in bed while the sound of Sehun's light snores gave her solace in the pitch-black room. Irene suddenly remembers that she was in dire need of a shower: all that running, fighting and crying made her perspire like mad.

Her milky white legs slip out of the large duvet, and she walks herself to the bathroom. She strips off her bra and panties and idly heads into the shower, anticipating to be under the cleansing pour of water. It cascades over her, and she holds her face up into the soothing stream.

-

Sehun woke up to the sound of pattering water and a woman humming away. He straightened himself up, smiling inwardly.

I'm falling hard for her, aren't I?

Sehun went outside to their balcony, sitting out there for a long time. He occasionally leaned back in his seat and stretched his tired muscles out. He was gazing out into the inky sky when suddenly, he recalled the night Hayi left to Russia.
She was set on completing her third semester in ballet school, and from that moment, he vowed to live without deep ties to anyone. That only been six months ago, but it felt like something from a much remoter past. That vow of his was quickly crumbling away ever since he had become close to Irene.

His mind goes back to the encounter with Jung's henchman: how he passively looked at the both of them, gave Sehun a nod, and walked away. The haunting image will forever be etched into his memory.

Sehun didn't know what the future would hold, but he did know that until he stepped out of this hotel, this may be the very last time he would have Irene by his side like this.

-

Irene had her eyes closed, humming a familiar tune Sehun couldn't quite put his finger on. His heart seemed to expand and glow at the sight: he felt incredibly fond of her.

As he watched her shower, he quietly undressed himself of his trousers and soppy dress shirt, only leaving his boxer briefs on.

"Can't sleep?" he called, standing by the doorway. Irene looked up at him, her doe eyes widening as she noticed what Sehun was wearing (or in this case, what he wasn't).

It took her several seconds of standing under pelting water to realise that he was seeing her fully naked right now. A look of shyness suddenly dawned on her face, and she hurriedly turns around, staring blankly at the wall of the shower.

"Can I join you?" said Sehun, already pushing down the waistband of his Calvin Klein underwear.
"Ehem – yes, sure," she replies, trying to make her butt look perky.