6 | Beauty Sleep

Sehun stirs the cup of coffee and sinks back into his velvet-lined armchair. In between breaks from conjuring up a draft for the company, he watches her sleep, inhaling and exhaling out again. Burden starts to build up inside him as he thinks of all the ways Irene could've possibly been asleep in his bed as of right now.

The day was still tender, and the first blaze of light starts to dawn over the city of Seoul.
It wasn't too hard getting up this morning. Well, Sehun's been up hours ago. He could've slept for longer if it wasn't for Irene's legs sprawled up against his body last night.
He glances towards the sleeping girl once more. He could've sworn he had slept on the left side of the bed. Irene was now taking up both sides, sleeping like she was royalty or something.
"Jesus." he spews, looking grimly at her. She was a terribly heavy sleeper.

He gets off his seat and draws back the curtains, allowing the luminosity of the sun spill into the room. A devious smirk penetrates his lips, thinking why he didn't just do this earlier. She had to be awake now, he could bet his entire bank account that she was. Sehun takes in a deep breath, looking at all the lovely trees, the towering buildings, people riding on bikes. "Lovely, lovely day." he sighs with a satisfying smile. He turns around to face her and -

She's joking, right?

Irene, the epitome of the term 'rags to riches' was still sleeping in his expensive Milanese hand quilted bed - mind you. Sehun was damned, he was expecting her to groan out in frustration once the light hit her. Tough luck, it only looked like she was more comfortable with the sun in her face.

He straggles his feet over to her as his face squirms up; he looked quite uncomfortable with the situation. He raises his right hand, then his left, rotating them both ways over Irene's body. Finally realising that he looked like an outright dunderhead, he clenched them both, giving her a single tap on the arm.

Her eyes flit open, only to see Sehun watching her. He moves away from the bed, looking serious as ever.
"Good morning." she says, somewhere in between a yawn and a laugh, hoping to get a smile out of him.

No luck there.

He plainly returns to the couch, swiveling the mug in his hands. He looked presentable today, wearing his signature Roberto Cavalli dress shirt — a totally different sight from the day before, where he was all torpid and sluggish in some sweats and a T-shirt. Irene's cheeks turn a shade of crimson as she recollects the events that had happened last night.

It was reasonably bright in this room of his, and it was a definite fact that school had already started. There was no point in getting overwrought, Irene had already prepared herself for the worst.
She looks around the space she was in, this time in clear daylight. The elements of Sehun's room were fairly pleasing to look at. It had themes of grey, and this expensive yet chic impression exuded seamlessly off of its four walls. She finally eases off the covers, rubbing her hands against her soft pyjamas.
Pyjamas?
But this was an overly large cotton shirt.
Shirt?
She came here wearing jeans and a coat.
She frantically feels around the bed, searching for her clothes. She furrows her brows at Sehun, who was attending to his own matters on his laptop.

"You – you undressed me?"
He points to the ottoman at the foot of the bed. "Not my fault you came in wearing a full-length winter coat. You'd probably die of heat stroke from that thing."
There lay her trench coat and dark blue jeans, folded in a neat square.
"Well – I"
She opens her mouth, trying to find a phrase to throw back at him, but soon shuts it.
"Thank you," she mumbles. Her hands clutch onto the shirt she was wearing. It had the words 'ARIZONA BIRD WATCHING EXPEDITION' on it, designed with a picture of a blue bird wearing a pair of binoculars.