Part 3

3. He seems like a Sebastian.

If she could, she would turn back time and sleep at 10 pm instead of at 3 am.

"Well, don't you look like a ray of sunshine." Marissa rolled her eyes at Sage.

"Yup, totally beaming at the fact that my AP Literature essay took me forever to do." Sage laughed while munching on some cereal. Marissa grabbed her sweater and books out of her locker and shut it closed. As they were walking to Physics, their first class in the morning, they talked about random subjects, and the topic all of a sudden went to Charlie.

"So?" Sage's eyes went wide.

"What do you mean so? Don't you want to pursue Charlie? You've been crushing on him for, like, since the 2nd grade."

"Well..." And at that note, Marissa rushed in the classroom and took her assigned seat in the back before Sage could comment on her response. Luckily, Sage sat in the front.

Physics was pretty boring, but Marissa was able to understand the lesson. Pre-Calc and U.S. History was a nightmare, and her Drama class never failed to cause her humiliation.

Nothing says embarrassing than having to do improv and no one getting your humor. The horror.

Which was why she was so relieved when lunchtime came. She would be able to just eat and laugh with Sage or Mandy, a friend from the Yearbook club she joined for junior year but quit.

However, Mandy had yearbook stuff to do, and Sage had decided to sneak out for lunch, and so Marissa decided to head to the library where she can take advantage of the free wifi and watch random videos. The moment she entered the library, she stopped. And stared. At the boy in The Academy clothes, who looked at her and smiled.

"Well if it isn't Marissa." He was still as cute as she remembered. He was still rocking the tousled hair, and luckily a pretty smile.

"Hey... Sebastian?" He laughed.

"Nope. You've got 4 guesses left." Marissa scrunched up her nose. Why was he making this a game?

"Darn. You really looked like a Sebastian." The librarian walked up to the Kane boy and spoke to him for a little bit. He nodded at the end of their conversation and then made it to the back of the library, where he started putting books up on shelves. Intrigued, Marissa followed him and stood near him.

"So, why are you here?" He stopped what he was doing and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Um, what does it look like I'm doing?" He smirked. She smiled. Oh, he really needed to stop being so cute.

"Okay it's obvious, except there's one thing. You don't go to this school." He moved the cart full of books to the next aisle and tapped on the books as she followed him, and even helped him with some of the books.

"That's true. I don't. But my mom is a teacher at this school and I come over during my free periods to say hi to her. Then I come here and help out the librarian." He shrugs and continues his work.

Marissa stays with the Kane boy until the bell rings and she has to go to AP Literature. Throughout the rest of her day, she couldn't stop thinking about him. She couldn't help but wonder why they met just recently. They've been neighbors for years and he seemed like a really nice guy.

By the end of the day, Marissa had made up her mind. She was going to get to know who her next door neighbor was. She smiled and ran out the school, ready to go to the Kane boy. She passed by Charlie and Harlow fighting and stopped for a moment. Marissa's smile faltered. She looked at Charlie and her heart started beating faster. How could she forget the boy she'd been wanting ever since she was in elementary school? But then confusion bubbled up in her mind. She wasn't as nervous anymore, and all of a sudden she didn't feel anything towards the boy. At that, she turned to her car and got in. Could it be that her feelings for Charlie were going away? God, she hoped so. Maybe now she wouldn't have any complications for the rest of her senior year. Three months to go, and she would be leaving for good.

****

He heard that she likes someone else. It kind of disappointed him- no it really disappointed him. How was he supposed to get her to see that he liked her? Then again, he never had the courage to even go up to her, considering the fact that they were next door neighbors.

He hurried to finish his dinner when the doorbell rang. He wondered who would be at his door. Did his parents come home early, and lost their keys? Or was it his best friend Scott? He walked to the front door and opened it, his mouth dropping open at who was there.

"Well hello to you too." She had the most beautiful laugh.

"Would you like to come in?" The words just came out of his mouth, and he couldn't take them back. But luckily, her smile got wider and she said, "Sure."