Meeting the Man

Everyone looks to the doorway to see two men standing there. One shows no signs of emotion while the other looks confused and slightly frightened.
"Sorry for dropping in we got a bit lost." Nathan says standing up. Rose stands up as well and brushes off her dress and picks up her sword.
"Who exactly are you?" Rose asks.
"I'm Sherlock Holmes and this is my associate John Watson." The first man replies.
"Can you give us a moment to talk in private?" Nathan asks pulling Rose back to the group not waiting for an answer.
The group huddles up. "That can't be Sherlock Holmes he doesn't exist." Brianna says.
"Then why would he say he is who he is according to the weather outside its almost Christmas and it looks to be the right time period then the first story hasn't come out yet." Rose responds.
"Believe me he is most definitely Sherlock and he could help us." Nathan says.
John and Sherlock watch on as the conversation progresses. John was wondering how these strange people got into his and Sherlock flat. While Sherlock deduced them.
They finished up their conversation and turned back to Sherlock. Nathan steps forward with Rose right next to him. "Mr Holmes we need your help." Nathan says.
"And why should I help you?" Sherlock asks.
"Are you really willing to pass up on one of the greatest cases the world has ever seen. If you help us tithe world will know how brilliant Sherlock Holmes really is." Rose answers.
"Well done very clever using something like the greatest case in history has ever seen I'll do it." Sherlock responds.
"Great we need to talk to the Prince at his ball tonight." Nathan says.
"If that's what you need then I can only take three of you." Sherlock answers.
The group looks at each other having a silent conversation as to who would go. They all nod in agreement. "Rose and I will go." Nathan says.
"Who else would like to go?" Sherlock asks.
"We think it would be best if just Nathan and Rose go." Hayley answers.
"Very well you two will need new clothes." Sherlock says.
"What's wrong with what their wearing?" Brianna asks.
"He's taking them to the queens winter ball." John answers.
"Lets go shopping." Rose says walking over to Sherlock.
"You guys go ahead I need to talk to the others." Nathan says.
Sherlock John and Rose leave. The others look at Nathan. "Why did you stay behind?" Christian asks.
"I need you guys to break into the palace while Rose and I are at the ball." Nathan explains.
"Wait what are you crazy?" Brianna asks.
"You have to go up on the second floor you can get in through the servants entrance and in the prince's room is one of the stones." Nathan explains.
"Alright we can do that." Hayley says.
$$$$$$$
At sunset Nathan stands outside the palace waiting for Sherlock, John, and Rose. He starts getting impatient as the sun sets and it gets darker outside.
"Do you always creep around palaces or are you waiting for someone?" A voice behind him asks.
He turns around and sees Rose standing in a dark blue silk dress. "Wow you look amazing." He says.
"Thanks you don't look too bad yourself." Rose responds. Sherlock and John walk up to them.
"Well let's head in shall we?" Sherlock asks.
The group heads into the ball Sherlock handing Nathan an invitation as he takes out his own.

In the back of the building the others are standing at the servants entrance. They wait as Christian kneels down and gets to work on the lock. Jake and Vince stand lookout as Hayley and Brianna block Christian from the view of others.
"Hurry up man." Jake says.
"I'm going as fast as I can this lock is older than what I'm used to." Christian replies.
"Oh move over!" Hayley quietly exclaims pushing Christian out of the way. She makes quick work of the lock and opens the door.
The group quietly heads inside. They take a look around. There are servants running around getting the food for the ball ready.