Chapter 2 Weeping Willow

Its been 20 minutes and me and Asa are still sitting in the cupboard. Asa's eyes are open wide, he's biting his knees and tears stream down his cheeks like freshly fallen dew drops fall off leaves. He isn't blinking, just staring at the crack in the cupboard, his face as white as snow. No as white as a lily. Rivers flow from my eyes and create a puddle of tragedy on the floor. I open the cupboard door slowly tightly gripping Asa's hand. I lift him slowly onto my back and walk towards the door. I unlock the door slowly and leave it ajar. Asa holds my cold, bony shoulders so tight i feel the blood circulation in my arms slowly stop. My fingers are purple and my legs are weary. I walk outside, leaving Asa at the door just in case it isn't safe. It's empty. No one to be seen. I pick up Asa, who's still crying slightly, and carry him to the gate. I go back and lock the door, but as I turn around shadows in the distance catch my eye. I stare at the distant blur over on the meadow, but the longer I stare the more the blur looks like people, yes, shadowy figures in the distance crowed around something, or someone. "LILY!" I scream and run to Asa. I drag him along as far as I can and the closer I get I can see more people dotted around the place. I see Lily crying, screaming and ranting to the people dressed in white. One of the people dressed in white slapped Lily. "ASA! LUCY!" She cries as they pin her to the ground. I run towards her passing the people dressed in white and run to her. I left Asa by the willow tree. I try to rip the cloth that's wrapped around her hands off. It loosens enough and she slips her hands free. I grab her hand and run with her. "LUCY! WATCH OUT!" I hear a gun shot. Still holding Lily's hand I run faster but she isn't running with me. I turn around to look if she had fallen. She lay there on the floor. Eye's open but not awake. Blood spilled from her head on to the soft grass. "NO!!! LILY!!!" I scream and everyone stares at me. 

Lily's hand is cold. I sit on the floor and kiss her cheek. Tears fall from my chin onto her forehead then slowly trailing down to her chin. I hear another gun shot and I know that it's towards me. Lily's too heavy to carry, I have to try. I lift her and run until I fall. No. It's Impossible. "Bye, Lily" "Mum and Dad would be so proud! I love you" I close her eyes and run to Asa who's staring traumatically at his older sister. He's in shock and he won't run. "ASA! RUN!" I cradle him in my arms. He looks like Lily, eyes open but not moving. He's alive though. His pulse is very fast. I run towards the far out forest that leads to a different town. The men in white just stare and shoot at me, but Lily taught me how to dance with cherry blossoms when I was very young. She'd say "dodge the petals but dance with the wind". I managed to dodge all the bullets. I got to the electric fence and rolled Asa under. I walked back, breathed in and ran. I leaped towards the fence and managed to hurdle myself through one of the slits. I sat with Asa and took a breath. The last gun shot was fired and I couldn't dodge it. It plunged itself deep into my calf. I screamed in pain and rolled over holding myself. Slow, Thick, Red liquid oozed out of my leg and squirted onto the floor. Asa had woken from shock when he heard me scream. I have to stop this blood otherwise i'll bleed to death. "Lucy!! Oh my goodness what happened??" Asa said tears still flowing down his face. He takes the bottom of his trousers and tears a thick patch of cloth off. He wraps it around my calf after removing the bullet. The pain is excruciating. After a few minutes, the pain goes. "Thankyou Asa. You saved my life". "Don't thank me. Thank mum".