chapter 4 - Hoid ( Cosmere )

a/n: I know you're wondering why owlie posted two chapters in one week. One reason is because I was too busy with life to post last week. The second is to thank all the readers who helped me on my path to be a writer.
# thx to 50
-------------------------------------------------
Hoid looked up as the Everstorm slowly approached the highstorm. " Kashikk, I wish you were not on the chaotic good alignment."

Hoid got up from the rock he was sitting on. He looked down on the lizard at his feet. " You're a cute thing and I hate to leave you, but..... unfortunately,bringing you will break EVEN more rules. Hope I see you again." On his last word he walked away.

After days and days of travelling, he reached Shinovar. He rode with different caravans and every night he would sit near campfires and sing stories from different realms. The man always wondered why all universes devolop differently. They only need one different decision or thought to be created. If only the Worldhoppers would not treat each universe like tourist spots then the world would be more exciting.

" Mister, we 'ave reached the splendid 'an backwerd town ov Shinivar." Hoid's guide, Mot said in his weird accent from some country he forgot of.

Hoid jumped off and walked towards Sayelar- Mos - Amaim. The Shin really are strange people, but unfortunately, the only working portal was in the poverty stricken town of Sayelar.

When he got to the entrance of the village, he pulled his heavy brown cloak up.On the moment he entered, he met a man in ragged clothes who offered him free passage to the vault where they kept weapons for warriors.

" Good man, how about I offer You something." He took out his flute, sat down, and started playing a happy tune. Soon, many dark eyes came. Some were from the first nahn, some from four nahns and lower.

When Salas rose and gave an eerie purple light off, the crowd disbanded as a highstorm was approaching. Hoid calmly walked to a small house with the book and quill sign hanging outside.

He opened the door and found a sword pointing at him.

" Hey..., Kashikk, long time no see. " Hoid said in his usual playful tone.

Kashikk was a woman with white hair, blue eyes and a slim figure. She is currently 300 weapings old ( in Roshar's way of counting) and will still live a full life. Her face was dusted with freckles and blemishes. She would've looked nice if she would not bury her head in those musty old philosophy books.

" Hoid, you're not supposed to show yourself to me! I swore to the Almighty that I would kill you the next time I saw your face." Kashikk said, her voice as cold as ice.

The woman tried to stab Hoid , but her sword harmlessly bounced off.

" How? What? Who did you kill to take the shards. " Kashikk said in a confused tone

" No one, Ruin and Preservation , or should I say Sazed, gave me a small piece of the shards when he " ascended " to Godhood. "

" This better be worth my time or I swear, I will find a way to cut that smug smile off your face." Kashikk stormed back into her house.

----------------------------------------
Later after a lengthy amount of spoilers for Brandon Sanderson's books.
------------------------------------------
" Okay, I think your explanation is valid enough to use my portal. I will find out how to bring justice to you eventually. " Kashikk said as she morphed her sword into a key and inserted it into a keyhole on the wall.

She twisted and a blue circular fold in time and space appeared.

" Thanks Kashikk. Oh, and say hi to Nazh for me. By the way, you need to stop treating her so meanly. " Hoid said as he jumped throgh.

Kashikk turned red and the portal closed behind him.