Finding the Doctor

Adam and Barney were walking trying to find another city one with a population of brainless dead walkers, not living cannibal strategists. Barney was carrying Jess seeing as Adam got exhausted a few minutes ago and they switched from the bookbags they found in a gas station in the highway with Jess's unconscious form. Adam was holding the gun with his goggles on taking in his surroundings making sure nothing tries to kill Barney, Jess nor himself.

"...mm..." Adam froze as Barney looked over his shoulder smiling as Jess started to shift, her eyes slowly opening as she lifted her head up from Barney's shoulder.

"Jess! Thank god your okay!" Adam exclaimed as she smiled softly, Barney grinned at Jess's wakened expression as she started getting off. The make shift on her knee was gone due to it starting to rust and break down. Jess looked down and saw there was now just bloody bandages. "Sit down Jess we need to change your bandage."

"No It's fine we need to save as many medical supplies for you gu-"

"Jess, you faints from bloods losses, you needs change or bandage cause infections, we wants you healths, not drags we carries." Barney stated in a demanding tone as Jess looked down at Adam who was staring at her knee with a sad expression. She felt her eyes soften, Adam was still blaming himself for Jess's injury.

"Adam I made the decision to run, I brought this on myself, we should have listened to you but we made you go along with my idea. You had no proof that such a thing would happen."

"..." Jess looked puzzled as looked at Adam for he whispered. She saw a tear drip which made her shocked Adam quickly rubbed his eyes and looked at Jess with tear stained eyes begging to fall. "Lift your knee for me." Jess frowned as she bit her lip lifting her knee which hurt to move, Adam reached into one of the bags and took out bandages and alcohol. He unwrapped the wound it was still open as the bullet was clearly still in there and since they didn't have the necessary supplies to remove it, it was going to be there until they were able to find some tweezers, but even so they weren't qualified to do such an operation.

"If we find someone who has at least experience with this type of medical field we'll get you fixed up Jessica..." Jess looked down she felt like she was useless weight holding the boys back. She was happy about the attention Adam was giving her but to the cost of her knee possibly not being able to function properly anymore.

"Right..." Adam finished dressing her wound and helped her stand up.

"Can you walk? You want us to carry you?" Jess smacked Adam's hand looking away from him.

"I can walk Adam I still have both legs, as sweet as it is that you are worried about me I'm not weak, injured but not weak." Adam felt a pang at his chest as he looked down, he should have known better as much as he wants her to not place any strain on her leg, she isn't in need of dire help she is living and breathing. Adam looked away from Jess.

"... Right..." The three of them continued to proceed through the thick woods and reached an opening to a city. This one wasn't as ominously quiet as Hayworth. "I never thought I would be glad to listen to the hungry groans of the zombies... It feels soothing..." Adam commented.

"I agrees Goat... This much better than trap by Cannibals." Barney added as he shivered at the idea such people existed. Jess frowned as there were craters around the buildings and floor.

"There aren't that many Zombies, is it because the city is vacant?"

"Maybes but we keep movings, and look for hospital and get supply for you knee." Barney stated, Jess looked at the boys and nodded, they started walking through the city, running into a few walkers Barney in front of the group found something red and ran towards it, grinning like a mad man when it was a giant red cross. "Goat! Jet! Over heres!!" Adam and Jess exchanged a look and speed up as much as they could. When they saw the cross they sighed in relief.