Shadows Chapter 5

It was Monday morning and I had to go to school. I wish I could kill myself or at least skip it. I hated school, especially math class. "Bye Dad!" I called as I walked out of the house to my little Chevy Cruze. I have had this car about almost a year now and I loved it. 

I walked into the doors of my beloved, Minoqcua Forrest High School. I went to my locker which was next to the meanest guy alive, Chris Black. He was the linebacker for our football team which makes him 100% gorgeous and popular. I on the other hand, had no feelings for him what-so-ever. He is mean, rude, and conceded. 

As I walked into my homeroom class, I looked around for Nyx. No sign. I looked around for Matt, nope. Ugh. I was a loner today. I took my seat in the middle row and somebody unfamiliar sat beside me. And let me tell you he was cute! He had sandy-blonde hair with bright green eyes. He smiled at me, I swear I could melt right there. He had a killer smile, with straight crystal white teeth. After he looked away from me I felt really awkward. I had been staring at him, ugh. I really need to work on my 'skills.' Mrs. Miller walked in and sat down. I disgraced Mrs. Miller. She was a fricken orangutan! She had orange hair, which dulled with her gray hair, and a pointy nose. Which reminded me of a witch's nose. Then, to top it all off, her fashion sense. She dressed like it was 1800s! Like khakis and a purple velvet top, seriously!? Ew, I can't stand her. 

"Hello class!" She said in her man-like voice. "We have a new student today, so be nice to him and welcome him." She looked at the "poopular, mean" kids before turning to the kid sitting next to me, "Everyone, meet Johnny Lewis. Mr. Lewis can you please come to the front and introduce yourself?"

"Sure, Mrs. Miller." He got up and looked at the ground, when he reached the front he plastered a smile on his face and said, "Hi. I'm Johnny, Johnny Lewis. I moved here from South Beach, California." He stuttered with his words, glanced at me, smiled and quickly sat down. From the back row behind me I heard Chris say, "Hey Nerd, nice outfit!" Him and his friends started to laugh at Chris's comment. I looked over at Johnny's shirt, it was a "I support Obama" t-shirt. I sighed silently to myself and turned around and glared at Chris, who started to laugh even harder. 

"Chris! Shut your damn mouth! We don't need pointless, inconsiderate comments from a pothead!" He quickly shut up and his face got red and with that Chris left the room. I turned around and smiled to myself. "Thanks for sticking up for me," I heard Johnny say to me. I glanced at him, "No problem, just don't let them get to ya. Oh, by the way, I'm Zoey." 

"Zoey, I like that, it's unique." I smiled at him and turned to the board where Mrs. Miller was teaching about Edgar Allan Poe, but I didn't hear one word of the lesson.