Shadows Chapter 10

**Johnny’s P.O.V.              

I woke up to a strange beeping sound and a sharp pain just below my rib cage. I looked down at where the pain was coming from, there was a bunch of guaze and a wrap wrapped around my torso. What the-? I looked at my wrist, I had two IV needles in me. I was now feeling slightly scared, I sat up so I was propped up on my elbows. Everything in the room was white! It kind of hurt my eyes. The only thing that wasn’t white in the little room was a hideous blue sofa. I rubbed my eyes. I looked back at the room, it was so boring! Well, I was obviously in a hospital room. Why was I here?

There was a soft knock on the door and before I could answer the knock, two young ladies walked into the room. One of them had blonde hair, which was pulled tightly into a ponytail. She looked around 25ish. In her right hand she was holding a little red kit with a white plus sign on it. The other girl had blondish-brownish hair which was also pulled back into a ponytail. She looked about in her early thirties. She kept looking over a clipboard. I honestly didn’t think she knew I was there.

“Um, hi.” I said as the blonde headed girl kept whispering.

“Oh! Good! He’s awake. Jen, can you please check his heart rate and things? I will be right back.” The blondish headed lady said as she walked out of the room.

“Sure.” The blonde lady headed towards the bed I was on. “Hi Johnny. I’m Jennifer, but you can call me Jen.” She smiled at me and started looking at the machine that was making the beeping noises.

“Why am I here?” I asked as Jen took an IV needle from my wrist. She looked at me with a sign of shock. I felt stupid for asking that. Should I know what happened?

“Well, Johnny,  um...” She paused, not looking at me.

“What?” I was starting to get irritated.

“John, you-” I cut her off.

“It’s Johnny. Not John.” I stated firmly.

“Johnny, you were stabbed right under your rib cage. You were lucky that the paramedics showed up when they did.” She breathed a laugh then continued, “You would have been severely injured. Do you know why you got stabbed or who did it?” She asked as she gave me a large pill to take.

“No. I felt it happen, I glanced up and there was a shadow looking thing. After that everything was pretty much a blur.

**Nyx’s P.O.V.

“You did what!?” I can’t believe it! He is screwing everything up! You said to damage the Lewis family.

“NO! I didn’t! I said to kill Johnny’s mother so he would be crushed, and not pay any attention to Zoey!” I can’t believe He did this! I was so angry! First I pair up with the devil and he can’t even follow orders! Ugh, I am so going to get worry wrinkles.

I am sorry, Master. I did not understand.

“Sure as hell you didn’t understand! Next time, don’t go and screw things up!” I screamed.

Yes, Master.

“At least you followed the last order correct.” I sighed.