Chapter 3 - A Day at the Academy

"Boring~" Eladriel yawns and stretches his hands at the front row of students lining up at the assembly hall.

"Hush, not so loud! Daddy could hear you." the girl next to him says. She then turns her attention back to the tall, bulky man on the stage. "Isn't Daddy just the coolest up there!" Her eyes starts twinkling.

Laxus has been passionately giving the orientation speech for 20 minutes, formally dressed in his white suit and yellow tie. His hair is slicked to the back, giving him that charming attraction that most girls just can't resist. His fierce eyes and strong voice easily capture the audience attention.

Laxus slams his hand on the podium. "You youngsters are the future generation of Fairy Tail!" The crowd immediately cheers in admiration. A second later, Laxus clears his throat and finally ends his speech. "May you all persevere in the pursue of magical knowledge and glorifying the name of our guild! I Thank you for your attention."

All the students, to the exception of Eladriel, gives the academy founder a big round of applause as they watch him walk down the stage. Especially for Larxene, Laxus' speech was very inspirational, but on the other hand for Eladriel, it was as if time had just stopped for 20 minutes...

The students are dismissed and heading to their assigned respective classes: "Class A" for beginners and "Class B" for intermediate. That's why Eladriel and Larxene are strolling on the 1st floor, making their way through the busy hallway to Class A ( Everything including the hallway and Class designs are the same as the ones in OVA 2 ).

"Damn, having to listen to Laxus' crap was such a torture!"

"Hey!" Larxene nudges her older brother on the shoulder. "You should show Daddy some respect."

Eladriel immediately stops right next beside Class A door and smirks at Larxene. "Yeah, as if he himself is giving us the respect and love we deserve."

"That's exactly why we're here, Big bro! To show Daddy our worth..." Larxene grabs the doorknob, turns it, and pulls the door wide open. "So stop your whining and let's do our best!"

Eladriel scowls. "Tch, little sister shouldn't tell her older brother what to do." He purposely bumps his shoulder against Larxene when he enters the room, yet Larxene only watches in silent.

Larxene drops her bag on the middle front row seat. Deep inside, she wishes that Eladriel would seat beside her, but she latter finds him sitting at the very last row beside the window, looking very unmotivated.

"Hey, do you mind if sit beside you, Larxene?" a boy with a scarlet hair asks.

"Err... sure." They both sit down at the same time and shake each other's hand. "Anyway, how did you know my name?"

"It's me, Simon Scarlet. Don't you remember me?" The boy with blue eyes looks slightly disappointed.

"Nope..."

"Well, it was 5 years ago back when you were still 3, so I don't blame you for not remembering. I once made you cry back at the guild," Simon smiles apologetically, "and I'm sorry for that..."

"How exactly did you make me cry again?" Larxene asks, twitching her eyebrows.

"Your hair," Simon gazes at Larxene's short blonde hair, "I was pulling your hair when you cried. My mother told me it once happened to Laxus too..."

"You what!?"

"Yikes! I said I'm sorry." He quickly puts his hands in front of his face.

"No, it's not that." Larxene leans closer and whispers, "Tell me, did Daddy punish you for pulling his hair?"