Chapter 3

Hey guys this is the most recent chapter of the Once in a Lifetime saga. I will hopefully upload another chapter tonight as the story is making such good progress and we are getting more and more reads everyday ! Thanks to everyone who has read and voted for the book, please feel free to comment if you have any ideas or questions about the story, I am more than happy to answer them ! Please, please, please promote this however you like on twitter, tumblr, facebook etc. it really helps with getting the story known! Thanks again :) xx krissy

Chapter 3:

I was back on stage again halfway through my second and final performance for the night. I was dressed in a beautiful, long dress that was about 2cm off the floor. It was covered in red sequins and when I turned around, the back of the dress was cut into a heart which started below my shoulders and reached down to my lower back and was outlined with gold sequins. Roisin had picked out the dress for me as it went with the song I had chosen to perform tonight, "A total eclipse of the heart." I was slowly drifting around the stage, the microphone on the tip of my mouth and everyone was in utter amazement. My dress shimmied every time I twirled or joined in with the backup dancers. I sung like I had never sung before, filling every word with a powerful tune and hitting every note possible. I could see all the of the boys eyes following me on stage. I sung out the last line with all I had, "there's nothing I can say, a total eclipse......... of the heart." For a moment there was only complete silence, I could hear the gentle buzz of the microphone. After what seemed like ages, one judge stood up and clapped, and then another, and another and then everyone else joined in. I could hear roaring and screaming and nothing else, the whole arena was filled with noise. Roisin and Maddy were backstage shouting their guts out and hugging each other. I felt like I was going to faint, it was too much to handle. I had achieved a standing ovation, by not only the judges, but by the whole stadium. I took a large curtsy and the host had to hush down everyone so the judges could speak. They were amazed! They could barely stutter a word; they said all that could come to mind. I was overjoyed. Then it came to Harry and Liam again. "Wow! Umm, I really don't know what to say. That was just unreal, I've, I've never heard anyone sing a song the way you did tonight, and it was amazing", Liam said speechless. "I was amazed, overwhelmed, I can't believe it! You were so amazing and you really felt the music in a way I've never seen anyone else feel it. I remember when we were on the X-Factor and we sung that song but it was nowhere near as well as yours. Oh and yeah, we're not as hot as you either, you're gorgeous", Harry stated in admiration. I blushed, but you couldn't see it showing on the tanned palate of my face. "Thank you so much", I said unsure of what to say. Harry held up his hand to his ears and mouthed "call me", jokingly. The crowd laughed, though some of the girls' faces were jealous. I left stage when the host came to announce the elimination after the break and headed to the dressing room where Maddy and Roisin blurted out word after word. The makeup artist was touching up Maddy and my face, while they were both rushing sentences out of their mouth, while I sat in silence with a grin on my face. "Hey I know you", a familiar voice said sweetly. I turned around to see Zayn and Harry facing us girls with smirks on their faces. Roisin answered, "Yeah well, it was kind of unexpected bumping into you, but anyway, I'm Roisin, Kristen's best friend, personal assistant and ex contestant of the X-factor. "Oh really, wow, I wish I could've seen you perform tonight", he said with a smile. Roisin blushed. "And you must be Maddy, I thought your performances were wonderful", Harry chimed in. "Gee thanks, you guys were so supportive", she said with satisfaction. Harry said flirtatiously "Our pleasure, we just wanted to congratulate you both on your performances, we really hope you guys make it to the finals", Harry said. "Thanks heaps, and please tell the other guys that we said thanks", I answered. "Sure thing, anything for someone with a voice like yours", said Zayn and they both walked out of the room. "Oh my gosh! I can't believe they thought we were amazing!" Maddy said in excitement. "I know and I did'nt even si-", Roisin said fantasized, but was interrupted "We're on in two ladies." Okay, thanks", Maddy and I answered. We got off our seats, with Roisin tagging behind us as we headed for the stage.