Chapter 2

Chapter Two:

I could see the camera man mouthing the words "3, 2, 1...... ACTION." And welcome back to the X-Factor semi-final, after seeing a fantastic performance by Maddy, we are down to our 3rd contestant for the evening, please welcome Kristen!", the host of the show enthusiastically stated. The curtains were rising up and I raised my head slowly catching a glimpse of the judges, Zayn Malik and the rest of One Direction. How could I be so stupid not to even suspect that they were the guest-judges for the evening! I mean they have been touring Australia for the past month on their world tour. The music started and I immediately left my conscience behind and started singing naturally to the flow of the music. I couldn't feel the butterflies or nausea anymore I could only feel the beat of the music. I then started moving around, engaging the audience with the backup dancers taking the stage behind me. I could hear the crowd screaming in excitement and I could hear them clapping to the beat of the music. I twirled and walked back to the stage before giving a dramatic twist where I began my chorus, pounding out every word of the song. I was doing it, I was singing in a way I had only dreamed about, I could hear every word, every note and every sound I released through my mouth and it sounded heavenly. Before I knew it, the song had ended and the crowd was roaring with applause. I took a little curtsy, and glimpsed at Roisin, jumping up and down with joy backstage. I was smiling so hard I felt like my mouth was going to fall off. The judges were clapping and smiling with extreme satisfaction and I could see One Direction staring at me with pure awe spread over their faces. After the clapping had died down, the judges made some lovely and sincere comments about how I performed and how much I had evolved over the course of the X-Factor. Then Harry Styles and Liam Payne made comments on behalf of the group. "You were absolutely stunning, I have never seen someone perform the way you did tonight", Liam said. "Yes" Harry agreed, "Your voice was so angelic and you looked so in tune with the music, we were seriously blown away." I was so ecstatic that I nearly forgot to thank them for their comments. As soon as the add break begun I rushed backstage to see Roisin welcoming me with open arms. "You did amazing", she said overjoyed. "Thanks honey, I don't think I could have done it without you but", I stated humbly. "Yeah I know that for sure", she said humorously. "Gee thanks darl", I sighed in sarcasm. "Ha Ha Ha, come on let's get you to the dressing room, you don't want to be late for your last song", Roisin said eagerly. "You were so amazing tonight", and I turned to see one of my fellow contestant, Maddy, smiling at me. "Thanks Maddy, you were fabulous", I said sweetly."Thanks, Krissy, I'll see you around, I've gotta get ready", she said nicely. "Okay, see you soon", I said, and walked over to my dressing room, with Roisin's arm over my shoulder.